The Indian Institute of Science, Education, and Research (IISER), Pune invites applications from meritorious and eligible candidates for admission into its Integrated Ph.D. Program for the academic sessions starting from August 2020.
IISER Pune offers integrated Ph.D. (i-PhD) as a research program with a blend of course work (2 years) and research projects to students who have completed a bachelor’s degree in any branch of science. On successful completion, students will be awarded both a Masters of Science and a Ph.D. degree.
- For Biology: A qualifying score in the JGEEBILS 2020 exam conducted in December 2019 and 60% marks (in aggregate, not only in majoring subject) or equivalent CGPA for General/OBC (55% or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST) in Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in any one of the following disciplines: Biological Sciences / Biodiversity / Chemistry / Ecology and Environmental Sciences / Mathematics / Physics / Pharmacy / Medical Sciences / Engineering (BE/B. Tech).
- For Chemistry: Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10-point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in B.Sc. (General / B.Sc. majoring in Chemistry, Physics & Biology) and qualifying additional criteria as given below can apply for Integrated Ph.D. Program in Chemistry starting August 2020. Candidates with rank No. 800 or less in JAM (Chemistry) 2020 can apply for the Integrated Ph.D. program in Chemistry.
- For Maths: Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10-point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in BSc any specialization or BTech, and qualifying additional criteria as given below can apply for Integrated Ph.D. Program in Mathematics 2020. Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview on the basis of their score/ ranking in JAM 2020 or NBHM 2020.
- For Physics: The candidate should have a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in the majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of a 10 point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in BSc/BTech/BE. All percentage numbers are to be rounded to the nearest integers. The candidate should have a rank (valid in June 2020) better than or equal to 500 in JAM (Physics) or JEST ( IPhD Physics).
Candidates in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the Bachelor’s degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission. (Tentatively scheduled to be commencing in August 2020).
How to Apply?
Only online applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date.
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- The Final Selection to the program will be based on the performance of the shortlisted candidates in a personal interview to be conducted in the IISER Pune campus in June 2020.
- The last date to submit the application is May 15, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Ph.D. Admissions 2020 at IISER Pune: Apply by May 15.