IISER Kolkata invites applications from motivated students for admission to the Integrated Ph.D. program for the Autumn 2020 session. This program comprises two years of Masters-level coursework followed by four years of dedicated research towards a Ph.D. There is no provision of exiting the program with a Masters’s degree.
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
Candidates need to secure a minimum of 60% marks/equivalent grades in Honours/Major (if applicable), or 60% marks/equivalent grades in Aggregate (if Honours/Major is not applicable).
Those who are appearing in the final examination of their degree course can also apply; for them, the eligibility marks are 60% based on the marks obtained in the undergraduate examinations held till the date of submission of the application form.
Please note that applicants who have qualified in the following nationwide aptitude tests in the year 2020 only can apply for the program:
- For Biological Sciences: JAM (Biology and Biotechnology) / JGEEBILS
- For Chemical Sciences: JAM (Chemistry)
- For Earth Sciences: (a) JAM (Geology) OR (b) JAM Chemistry for research in Environmental Science OR (c) JAM Physics for research in Computational Minerology
- For Mathematical Sciences: JAM (Mathematics)
- For Physical Sciences: JAM (Physics)/JEST (Physics)
Institute-level committee(s) will scrutinize all the applications, and prepare a shortlist of candidates, who will be called for an interview.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Applicants should save the properly filled application form and take a print as the hard copy of the application.
- Recommendation letters will be sought from two teachers whose email addresses were mentioned during application.
- These must be teachers who have taught courses and would be able to evaluate the student as a potential research worker.
- The Institute will finally declare the list of selected candidates on the Institute website. Students will be given a monthly fellowship.
- Last date for application: May 18, 2020
- Publication of shortlisting for interview: May 25, 2020
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Admissions Open: M.Sc. and Integrated-Ph.D programs in Physics for August 2020 Session at IIT Mandi: Apply by April 30.