The Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Uttarakhand invites applications for the Integrated M.Tech.-Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at the institute.
The Degree will be awarded by the University of Calcutta. The duration of M.Tech course work will be of 2 years divided into 4 semesters. After successful completion of the M.Tech course, a student can opt for registration for PhD (Tech.) programme, subjected to a selection procedure and minimum cut-off grade.
Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) is a leading research institute in Nainital, Uttarakhand. The institute specializes in Astronomy, Astrophysics, and Atmospheric Sciences. It is an autonomous body under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, the institute is situated at Manora Peak (1,951 m (6,401 ft)), about 9 km from Nainital, a popular hill station.
- M.Sc./ BE/ B-Tech with minimum 55% marks for General/ OBC and 50% for SC/ ST.
- A Post-graduation degree should be from a UGC-recognized college/ University.
- The candidate should have passed M.Sc/ BE/ B-Tech. on or after 2019.
- Students who are appearing in M.Sc./ BE/ B-Tech final year exam can appear before the interview, but, if selected have to furnish proof of M.Sc./ BE/ B-Tech qualification at the time of joining.
- Age limit: 28 years as of July 1, 2021 (date of birth on or after July 1, 1993).
- The upper age limit for reserved categories may be relaxed as per the UGC rules.
- Applicants should have CSIR/ UGC-NET (JRF/LS) qualified in Physics/ Electronic Science/ Applied Mathematics/ Applied Physics (2019/20) -OR- GATE – 2020/GATE -2021 qualified with percentile greater than 95%.
- All the applications will be further screened by taking into account marks/ ranks in GATE/ CSIR, UGC-NET, and BE/ B-Tech/ M.Sc. and other guidelines decided by ARIES.
- Fulfilling minimum qualifications does not guarantee a call for an interview.
In the third year of the Programme, students who qualify for continuation in the programme leading to the Ph.D (Tech.) degree will begin research work at ARIES. They will be paid fellowship of Rs. 31,000/-pm beginning the third year, and Rs. 35,000/-pm beginning the fifth year of the programme. The normal duration of the programme will be 6 years, including the minimum 2 years for the Masters’ Degree. The candidates would satisfy all the administrative requirements of the University and submit their Ph.D. thesis to the University of Calcutta.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is July 4, 2021.
You might also be interested in:
- Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at NIT Rourkela: Apply by July 7
- Ph.D. Admission 2021 at NIT Silchar: Apply by July 2