Applications are invited for Institutional Post-Doctoral Programme 2021-22 at NIT Karnataka. The last date of application is 26 October.
The Institute is offering Post-doctoral fellowships in the following 14 Departments and the Central Research Facility (CRF).
- Central Research Facility (CRF)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mathematical and Computational Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- School of Management
- Water Resources and Ocean Engineering (Formerly Applied Mechanics & Hydraulics Department)
- The appointee should possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate degree (e.g., D. Sc), which has obtained in the past five years, in the field directly related to the appointee’s proposed research topic. PhD Viva should be completed or provisional degree certificate should be available on or before the submission date of application.
- International researchers/ Indian citizens with foreign degrees must hold an advanced (Doctoral) degree that is equivalent to those provided by Indian Institutions.
- The Post-Doctoral appointment can be made only after the candidate’s Ph.D. thesis has been formally approved by the degree-granting institution. At the minimum, every selected candidate must produce a Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC) if he/ she does not possess the degree certificate.
- Every prospective post-doctoral candidate must have acquired his/ her Ph.D. degree from a University/ Institute recognized by the regulating authority in the respective country in which the research work has been conducted.
The Information Bulletin and Online Application portal for admission to Institutional Post-Doctoral programmes is available on the Institute website. The applicants need to register online with the portal. The registered candidates have to complete Online Application form and pay the prescribed application fee, i.e., Rs 500, through the IRIS portal on or before 26-10-2021 (Tuesday).
The hardcopy of the completed application form with payment receipts and copies of all necessary documents is to be sent to the Dean (Research and Consultancy), National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Srinivasnagar, Mangalore -575 025, Karnataka to reach on or before 01-11-2021 (Monday). “Application for Institutional Post-Doctoral Admission in the Department of “———” or Central Research Facility should be clearly mentioned on the top of the envelope.
- Last Date for Online Submission of applications: 26-10-2021 (Tuesday)
- Last Date for hard copy of applications to reach NITK: 01-11-2021 (Monday)
- Date for dispatch of call letters (by email only) to short-listed candidates,and announcement in the website by the office of Dean (R&C): 08-11-2021 (Monday)
- The selected candidates must appear for the written test/interview conducted by the departmental post-doctoral selection committee (DPDSC), and followed by IPDSC (Institutional level post-doctoral selection committee).
- A candidate selected as a post-doctoral fellow with the institute fellowship shall be appointed for a period of two years.
Each Post-doctoral Fellow selected under this scheme will be paid a fellowship of Rs. 50,000 (Rupees Fifty thousand only) per month. They will also be eligible to receive a contingency grant Rs. 30,000 (Rupees Thirty Thousand only) per year which will be made available starting from the third month of their fellowship. Each selected PDF would be eligible to receive fellowship for a period of two years from the month of appointment.
Click here to view the official notification of Institutional Post-Doctoral Programme 2021-22 at NIT Karnataka.
You may also be interested in: