Applications are invited for the temporary post of Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship (IPDF) under the project titled “High-performance computing and machine learning guided design and discovery advanced materials.” in the Dept. of Physics, IIT Madras.
About the Fellowship
The scheme, “Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) at IIT Madras” has been approved by the Senate in its 242nd Meeting held on 17.7.2009. Ph.D degree holders are eligible to apply within five years after completion of Ph.D. Maximum Age is 35 years (relaxable by 5 years for women and reserved category).
Ph.D. scholars after submission of thesis are also eligible to apply for Institute PDF posts. However, they have to submit the provisional/degree certificate within 6 months from the date of appointment as Institute PDF.
The duration of the fellowship will be initially for a period of 2 years, extendable for a further period of one more year based on the progress of the PDF and the recommendation of the Department.
The fellowship amount will be in between Rs. 45,000-55,000/- consolidated (depending upon the area of experience and qualification). Suitable hostel / campus accommodation as per IIT Madras norms will be provided to the candidate if requested and if available. PDF is eligible for HRA of Rs.9000/- p.m. if he/she stays outside.
A contingency grant of Rs.1,00,000/- per annum will be provided to the PDF for research purposes. A PDF is also eligible for medical benefits/ insurance as per the institute norms. The application format and other relevant details are hosted in IIT Madras website.
The candidate should have a Ph.D in Computer Science / Condensed Matter Physics / Chemistry / Materials Science / Chemical Engineering.
- They should have background in computational science with experience in coding and scripting with Python, C, Fortran and bash script, etc.
- Having experience in carrying out first principles calculations is an added advantage.
Initially for one year, extendable up to three years
Rs. 45,000/-to 55,000 P M. + HRA (Consolidated Pay)
How to Apply?
- Candidates should apply online only through this link.
- Candidates will be short-listed for Test/Interview on the basis of the information provided by them in their online applications. They must ensure that such information is true. If at any subsequent stage or at the time of Test/Interview any information given by them or any claim made by them in their online applications is found to be false, their candidature will be liable to be rejected.
- Applicants who are working in any one of the Project at IIT Madras, must apply through proper channel otherwise they will be required to produce No-Objection Certificate at the time of document verification/Test/Interview. Candidates without NOC will not be permitted to appear for Test/Interview.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
August 31, 2021
If there is any issue to submit the application please send E-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com Contact: 044- 2257 8357 on all working days from 9.00 AM to 05.30 PM (Monday to Friday – except National Holidays). (Please note, only technical issues will be accepted – No interim correspondence with reference to the selection process will be considered).