Applications are invited for Institute Postdoctoral Fellow (Mathematics) at IIT Gandhinagar for the year 2021. Applications are open until the position is filled.
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in the area of inverse problem related to integral geometry and partial differential equations. The selected candidate will be carrying research along with Prof. Rohit Kumar Mishra in the above areas and will be funded by the institute.
The applicant should have
- A Ph.D. in a relevant subject, such as inverse problems, partial differential equations (PDEs), analysis or applied mathematics (must be completed or have submitted Ph.D. thesis).
- A solid background in analysis and basic tools in PDEs are essential.
- Some knowledge of computational mathematics is desired but not required.
Apart from research, the applicant will be expected to contribute to other academic activities of the Institute including teaching.
The appointment is for one year (possibility of extension on the basis of performance).
Applications may be sent directly to Prof. Rohit Kumar Mishra at rohit.m[at]iitgn.ac.in. Each applicant should include a single PDF file containing
- A complete updated CV with the details of all educational qualifications, research experiences, publications, and names of three references (see below).
- Brief summary of doctoral research and most recent research work (max 2 pages).
- Brief summary of future research plans (max 2 pages).
- Please mention “Application for Institute Postdoctoral Position – 2021” as the subject of the email.
Joining dates are flexible but not before August 15, 2021. The applications are welcome until the position is filled.
Rs. 45,000 – 60,000 plus Rs. 10,000 as HRA per month.
Click here to view the official notification of Institute Postdoctoral Fellow (Mathematics) at IIT Gandhinagar.
You may also be interested in: