Applications are invited for Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship 2021-22 at IIT Guwahati. The last date of application is 4 October 2021.
Applications are invited for selection under Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship (IPDF) programme at IIT Guwahati in all Departments/ Centres/ Schools. Both Indian (N-IPDF) and Foreign Nationals(FIPDF) are eligible to apply for IPDF. If selected, before joining the Institute, a foreign national candidate will have to obtain required permission from the concerned authority of Indian Government.
- PhD degree holders with all along first class or equivalent and having consistently a good academic record
- From the PhD work, minimum 2 (Two) research publications in peer-reviewed journals / conference proceedings
- Not completed 2 (Two) years from the date of PhD defense to IPDF application submission deadline.
- A PhD degree holder from IIT Guwahati is eligible to apply only after gaining one year of post-PhD relevant experience elsewhere other than IITG, and the opted mentor(s) is other than his/her PhD supervisor(s).
- AGE LIMIT: Maximum age of the IPDF applicant should be 35 years or below as on the date of deadline of IPDF application submission. It can be relaxed by 5 years for women, reserved category and PWD candidates.
- N-IPDF/F-IPDF: Both Indian and Foreign nationals are eligible to apply for IPDF. If selected, before joining the Institute, a foreign national candidate will have to obtain required permission from the concerned authority of the Government of India
IPDF tenure is initially for one year and may be extended till the 2nd year based on the performance. No extension will be given to IPDF beyond 2 years term at IIT Guwahati.
- The candidates will have to first fill in their details after clicking on “Register New Candidate” in the right panel of the Application portal.
- After successful submission of details, the Candidates will be able to log in using their registered email and chosen password.
- After login, the Candidate has to choose any one of the “Joint Concept Notes” of your interest irrespective of your branch of study. Then click on the “Apply” button against the respective chosen Concept Note.
- Click on the “Proceed” button that appeared on the popup box to go to the Project Proposal Submission area.
- Candidates will have to upload all the relevant academic documents (which will appear as a google form) before final submission of the application cum proposal.
- The candidates will have to download the Project Proposal Template for the preparation of the Proposal from the Project Proposal Submission area, OR, Candidate can download the Project Proposal Template.
- The candidates will have to upload the Full PROJECT PROPOSAL against their chosen Joint Research Concept Note in the prescribed “PROJECT PROPOSAL TEMPLATE” .
An annual increment of Rs.6000/- is granted based on the satisfactory performance as per the assessment report of the PAC subject to the following conditions:
- After the increment the consolidated pay is to be less than or equal to Rs.66,000/-
- After the increment, if the consolidated pay amount exceeds Rs.66,000/-, then the consolidated pay will be fixed as Rs.66,000/- and it will remain same further.
Click here to view the official notification of Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship 2021-22 at IIT Guwahati.
You may also be interested in: