Applications are open for the Institute of Current World Affairs (ICWA) Fellowship Program 2021.
ICWA advances deep knowledge of foreign countries and cultures. They achieve that by supporting fellows for two-year immersive programs of self-designed, independent research and writing abroad.
This is a writing fellowship. Fellows are required to produce monthly dispatches made available on their website and email to institute supporters and other interested parties, including family, friends, and professional associates of the fellows. Fellows work closely with the executive director, who serves as a writing coach, editor, and mentor.
- ICWA provides full financial support for its fellows and their immediate, accompanying families.
- Fellows do not receive salaries; the institute gives them sufficient funding to cover their expenses, enabling them to fulfill the purposes of the fellowship and allowing them and their families (if accompanying the fellowship) to live in good health and reasonable comfort.
- “Full financial support” does not mean unlimited financial support; fellows are expected to live and spend modestly.
- Candidates must be under 36 years of age at the time of the due date for the initial letter of interest.
- Applicants must have excellent written and spoken English language skills and must have completed the current phase of their formal education. (They do not accept applications from currently enrolled undergraduate students.)
- They expect candidates to have the necessary language skills to allow them to carry out their proposed projects.
How to Apply?
Those interested in applying for an Institute of Current World Affairs Fellowship should send an initial letter of interest and resume or CV in English to the institute via email.
In your letter of interest, tell them what you would do if you had a two-year, self-designed fellowship overseas and why you’re the right person to carry it out. There is no fixed length for the letter of interest. Indicate your age, as applicants must be under the age of 36 at the time the letter of interest is due.
Candidates are requested to email the full application package to email@example.com. The last date to apply is December 15, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.