Post Doctoral Position in Bioengineering of 3D skeletal muscle organoids for understanding the metabolic basis of myogenesis, and response to injury. The Ramanathan group at inStem Bangalore is seeking candidates interested in 3D bioprinting or skeletal muscle organoids to understand aging and tissue homeostasis.
Bioengineering of 3D skeletal muscle organoids for understanding the metabolic basis of myogenesis, and response to injury.
- We seek a candidate with a B.Tech, Masters or Ph.D. degree with experience or interest in bioengineering, 3D bioprinting, and muscle biology.
- The candidate will have the opportunity to develop cutting edge technologies using 3D tissue printing for modeling tissue injury.
- Knowledge of CAD or other 3D software such as Autodesk- Fusion 360 for designing of 3D scaffolds would be preferred.
- This is a unique opportunity to lead and build a 3D organoid platform that has a broad institute-wide interest and translational opportunities.
- The Ramanathan group is situated in the Bangalore Life Science cluster, with world-class facilities in 3D printing, tissue culture, microscopy, and relevant analytical platforms.
The project will be focused on building mammalian skeletal muscle tissue using 3D bioprinting of primary mammalian myoblasts. The Bioengineered tissues will enable the understanding of the metabolic basis of myoblast fusion and membrane dynamics, during myogenesis and injury. The organoids will be studied using live-cell imaging, immunostaining, and metabolic profiling.
As per institute norms.
How to Apply
Please respond with CV To be considered, please submit your application, cover letter describing your research background and a list of three individual references to firstname.lastname@example.org
31 Dec 2019