Applications for the year 2020 are invited from eligible candidates for INSPIRE Scholarship under Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) component of Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) scheme of the Department of Science & Technology.
No. of Posts
Total of 10,000 scholarships (direct mode) is available annually under INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE).
The scholarships are limited to the candidates who have passed Class XII in the year 2020 only from various recognized Indian State and Central Boards and studying regular courses in natural/ basic sciences three years B.Sc., B.Sc. (Hons), four years B.S and five years integrated M.Sc./M.S. programs in any UGC recognized College/ University/ Institutions in India.
Value & Type of Support
Each eligible candidate will receive a scholarship valued at Rs. 80,000/- annually. The cash value payable to the SHE scholarship holder is Rs. 60,000/- per annum along with a summer time attachment fee of Rs. 20,000/- which will be paid only to those candidates who undertake summer time research project.
Duration of the Support
Selected candidates will be supported for a maximum period of five years starting from 1st year course in B.Sc./ B.Sc.(Hons)/ BS and integrated course leading to M.S. or M.Sc. or till the completion of the course, whichever is earlier. Continuation of the scholarship for selected candidates is based on performance in the examinations conducted and certified by the institution imparting education.
Scope of Subjects under INSPIRE Scholarship
The following subjects under Basic and Natural Sciences are within the scope of INSPIRE Scholarship for pursuing B.Sc./BS/Int. MSc/Int. MS course:
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Oceanic Sciences
How to Apply?
Before filling the application form, scan and store the following documents as separate files. The same needs to be uploaded as required during the “On-line Application” process.
- Passport size photograph (Mandatory)
- Community/Caste Certificate (only if the applicant belongs to OBC/SC/ST)
- Eligibility Note/Advisory Note if provided by the State/Central Board (Not Mandatory)
- Class XII Mark sheet (Mandatory)
- Class X Mark sheet or Certificate, for proof of Date of Birth. (Mandatory)
- Certificate specifying Rank or Award in JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced)/ NEET/ KVPY /JBNSTS/ NTSE /International Olympic Medalists [Only if the candidate is eligible under this criteria]
- Endorsement Form/ Certificate signed by the Principal ofthe College/Director of the Institute/Registrar of the University. (Mandatory)
- Any other supporting documents
December 31, 2020
For more details, click the link below.