INSPIRE Fellowship 2017 introduced by Ministry of Science & Technology, Department of Science & Technology (DST) aims to attract, attach, retain and nourish talents in scientific research. It aims to strengthen the R&D foundation by offering INSPIRE Fellowship to pursue Doctoral Research in Basic/Applied Sciences after completing either Master’s degree in Science/Applied Science/Engineering or Bachelors degree in Medicine.
- INSPIRE Scholar having secured minimum 65% marks (or CGPA equivalent) in aggregate at M.Sc. or Integrated M.S./ M.Sc.
- 1st Rank Holder in each Post-Graduate (PG) level examinations in Basic/ Applied Sciences including Engineering Sciences, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Sciences from any recognized University and academic Institutions in India
- 1st Rank Holders at the Graduate Level Examination in Medicine only conducted by a University/ Institution in India
- Candidates who are only Indian Citizen and have acquired their eligibility for INSPIRE Fellowship in only the last year (2016) or Current year (2017) are eligible
How to Apply?
Step 1: Go to the link to register as new user
Step 2: Register as new user/existing user
Step 3: Fill in all the necessary details
Step 4: Attach all the required documents
Step 5: Finally submit the form
The selection followed by the offering of INSPIRE Fellowship to the eligible student is done in two stages:
i) Provisional Offer to those who did not have admission into the Ph.D. course during application stage
ii) Final Offer to those who have admitted into Ph.D. prior to submitting the application.
The Provisional Offer is made on the basis of scrutiny of application along with required documents submitted by the applicant. However, the Final Offer is made on the basis of evaluation of the application on
- Academic merit
- Host Institution including Host Department and Research Supervisor
- The detailed Research Proposal by the Expert Panel.
In this Evaluation Process applicants needs to secure a minimum total cut-off mark on the above three aspects [for example, minimum cut-off marks were 60 out of 100 to finally offer INSPIRE Fellowship in previous cases]. The cut-off marks may vary on the competitive framework of selection process.
Ministry of Science & Technology, Department of Science & Technology, Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110016