Applications are invited from outstanding scientists/researchers holding PhD degree and having regular (permanent) positions in recognised S&T institutions/universities and actively engaged in research in frontline areas for deputation abroad during the calendar year 2020 in all fields of science including Engineering, Medicine and Agriculture for short term visits (1-4 weeks for senior scientists) and long term visits (3 months for junior/younger scientists) under the Scientific Bilateral Exchange Programme with overseas academies in Brazil, China, France, Hungary, Iran, Israel, Nepal, Philippines, Poland, Scotland, Slovak Republic and Republic of Slovenia, Sudan and Taiwan.
- Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for consideration by the Academy for the next calendar year.
- The applicant should be a scientist holding a regular (permanent) position in a recognized S & T Institution/University and actively engaged in research work in frontline areas.
- He/She should not have been abroad during the last 3 years under any INSA Programme.
- The scientist should have been accepted to work in an Institute/Laboratory in the country to be visited and this should be supported by a letter of invitation from the host abroad.
- Those who wish to visit abroad for three months should submit a detailed programme of their collaborative research work to be conducted.
All applications duly completed should be forwarded to the academy through proper channel by the employer/head of the Institute.
Scope of Finance
- Scientists selected for deputation abroad would be provided 100% travel support (by only Air India excursion class air fare, through shortest route from the place of duty in India to the nearest airport of host Institute and back) by INSA.
- Medical Insurance purchased in India.
- Visa fee (if any).
- The receiving Academy/Organization would provide local hospitality including internal travel abroad.
The visit should be availed of in the same calendar year (till December 31, 2020). Failure to do so may render them to forfeit the nomination.
How to apply
The application form is given in the notification below.
Complete application form (one soft and one hard copy) along with the required enclosures i.e. invitation letter etc. should be submitted at the academy latest by January 31, 2020 to: Deputy Executive Director- I (Scientific), Indian National Science Academy Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi – 110002.
Telephone: 91-11-23221931 – 23221950
For the official notification and application form, click here.