Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) is inviting nominations from eligible candidates for the innovative Student Projects Award 2022.
About Innovative Student Projects Award
The Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), established in 1987, is a ‘Peer’ body of some of the most distinguished engineers in India and abroad.
The salient objects of the Academy are to promote the advancement of and excellence in the practice of engineering and technology and the related science disciplines and their application to problems of national importance.
The Academy also aims at presenting research and development activities in engineering at academic and professional forums in India and abroad. INAE encourages inventions, scientific investigations and research, and promotes their application for development of all sectors of the national economy.
There is a need to encourage research and development culture amongst engineers during the formative years of their undergraduate and postgraduate training, so that they begin their professional career well prepared with ideas and innovative skills.
The Academy instituted the above Award since 1998 to identify innovative and creative research projects undertaken by the students in the engineering institutions, and to give an early recognition and incentives to them.
The nominations are accepted from the students studying in Institutions/ Universities registered under UGC/AICTE/Ministry of Education/competent Government authority of India for potentially innovative projects/theses are assessed at three levels, viz., B.E./B.Tech/ B.Sc.(Engg)/ BTech/MTech dual degree, M.E./M.Tech/ M.Sc. (Engg)/MS by Research/ MTech/PhD dual Degree and Ph.D. Nominations for the awards 2022 will be accepted by the Academy according to the following eligibility requirement.
- Final Year (4th year) B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Engg)/ BTech/MTech dual degree projects completed from July 16, 2021 –July 15, 2022 for the academic year 2021-2022.
- M.E./M.Tech, M.Sc. (Engg)/MS by Research/ MTech/PhD dual Degree theses examined from July 16, 2021 –July 15, 2022 for the academic year 2021-2022.
- Ph.D. theses examined and accepted/recommended for Award from July 1, 2021 –June 30, 2022.
It is compulsory that Degree / Provisional Degree Certificate must accompany the nomination proforma.
BTech and MTech students of BTech/MTech and MTech/PhD dual Degree courses, respectively, would be eligible to apply only on submission of certificate of successful completion of the requirements of BTech and MTech course respectively, as the case may be, from the competent authority of the institution/university for any nominee from dual degree courses.
A maximum of 10 Awardees at each level will be conferred with the Award. The Award shall comprise a certificate and Rs.25000/- in cash for the awardees selected at Doctoral Level; Rs.15000/- in cash for the awardees selected at Master’s Level; and Rs 10,000/- in cash for the awardees selected at Bachelor level to each team member, subject to a maximum of four team members.
All Innovative Student Project Awardees will also be inducted as “Student-Members” during the Awards Ceremony in INAE Annual Convention. The Student -membership is valid for a period of five years.
- There would be a two-tier selection process wherein the initial shortlisting would be done by the Selection Committee.
- The short listed nominees will be invited to make a presentation before the Selection Committee on dates to be announced later.
- The Selection Committee would then recommend the nominee for conferment of the Award for the approval by the Governing Council.
Presentation of the Award
The awardees will be invited for the INAE Annual Convention being held in December each year wherein they would be conferred with the Award and also inducted as “Student-Members” for a period of five years.
How to Submit?
- Only one nomination for projects/theses in each of the Engineering Sections of INAE listed in Serial 7 of the Nomination Form, at each level, viz., Doctoral, Master’s and Bachelor are accepted from an Engineering College for assessing their innovative potential and intrinsic merit.
- The nominations must be sent by Principal/Deans/Heads/Registrar/Director of Engineering College, where the candidate has carried out his/her project/thesis for award of degree and not through the organization, where the candidate is presently working.
- A scanned soft copy of the completed nomination form along with all supporting documents / appendices as per the prescribed format should be sent by email to email@example.com.
- In case, the document is not signed (with scanned copy of the signature), an email should be sent by the sponsor viz Principal/Deans/ Heads/Registrar/Director of Engineering College/Institution, where the candidate has carried out his/her project/thesis for award of degree, authenticating the nomination.
- Please note, there is no requirement to send a hard copy of the nomination form. Reprints are also not required in any form.
July 31, 2022