The Department of Science & Technology, Government of India announces The National Innovation Challenge Awards for Designing and Developing Energy Storage Devices for Rural Household/ Enterprise Applications 2020.
The objective of this grand challenge is to develop cost-effective, viable, and reliable solutions that can address the challenge of energy access through an energy storage system integrated with an appropriate renewable energy source(s).
The upfront capital investment for an energy storage system integrated with renewables is very high and, in most cases, a major obstacle for the adoption of clean energy sources. In addition, most storage technologies have not been fully benchmarked for operating in climatic conditions pertinent to India.
It is beyond doubt that bringing clean and uninterrupted power to rural India will require innovative solutions that are specific to the socioeconomic and climatic requirements of these regions.
- The selected entries will get financial support of Rs.10 lakh for the development and delivery of two working prototypes.
- The winning entries will get a cash award of Rs. 2 lakh, 1.5 lakh and 1 lakh each.
- In addition, a pilot demonstration of the selected units may also be supported in an appropriate location.
- The selected applicants will be required to submit a formal proposal to DST, which will be evaluated by the Expert Panel.
Who can Apply?
Faculties/ Scientists working in a regular position in recognized AcademicOrganization/Public funded R&D Institution/ Laboratories, DSIR recognized SIRO organization, Technology Business Incubators (TBIs), Start-ups, Individual Innovators, etc.
Besides meeting the requirements specified in Item 5 & 6, the evaluation process will also include the following:
- Design Innovation
- User-friendly features and operating convenience
The jury will exercise the discretion to select the next best design(s) for Grand Challenge awards if none of the entries meet the criteria for energy storage device fully. In such a case, entries meeting the requirement partially can be considered.
How to Apply?
- To download the application form, click here.
- Participants should submit design solutions/products owned by them or to which they have the right to claim and use as owned by them. Suitable documents to this effect must be submitted along with the entry.
- The participant shall ensure that any submission made in the Challenge does not violate any of theirs or any third party’s intellectual property rights, confidentiality, trade secret, and violate any statutory provisions.
- Duly filled-in applications should be submitted online at onlinedst.gov.in. Soft copy is also to be emailed to email@example.com.
- The last date to send your proposals is October 31, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org