To support further development of technologies for the development and commercialization of cell-based or clean meat in India, Humane Society International/India, Good Food Institute India and AIC – CCMB are offering funding to support the open-access publication of in-depth review and conceptualization of accessory technologies related to development and scaling up of cell-based meat or clean meat in India.
This Innovation Challenge will accept applications for papers reviewing various topics related to the state and scope of clean meat in India.
Topics for Challenge
- Examining the Indian ecosystem and body of work in any of the critical technology elements of cell-based meat – cell line isolation and optimization, food-grade or biodegradable scaffolds for 3-D culture, optimized non-animal cell culture media, and bioreactor design.
- Energy use and efficient use of waste streams for scaling up bioprocess
- Opportunities for Indian biopharmaceutical companies to invest in clean meat based on their current infrastructure and product portfolio
Any submissions for topics other than these will also be considered equally and on their own merits.
- Representatives of public and private institutions with minimum educational qualification of Ph.D
- Ph.D. & post-doctoral level students may serve as the lead investigator of the project proposal with a brief letter of support signed by the faculty member expressing his/her commitment to serve as advisor & project collaborator.
- All findings, protocols, and materials generated through this grant will be published under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Generic License.
- Last date of application: December 15th, 2019
- Screening of Applications: December 15th, 2019 – January 15, 2020
- Date of Submission of the first draft: 3 months after selection of applicants
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply by clicking here.
Phone Number: 040 2516 5609
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org