Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships 2022-23.
About Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships
Inlaks Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in most fields to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment.
Since 1976, Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships have been granted to Indian students to read at top-rated American, UK, and European institutions in a full-time Masters, MPhil, or Doctoral programme.
We award up to USD 100,000 to cover programme tuition as well as scholars’ living expenses, healthcare, and one-way airfare. Applicants to Imperial College, London, the Royal College of Art (RCA), London, the University of Cambridge (Cambridge Trust), and Sciences Po, Paris may benefit from additional funding through the Foundation’s joint scholarships with these institutions.
The Foundation gives scholarships in a variety of subjects but DOES NOT fund the following courses:
- Business and Finance
- Computer Science
- Fashion Design
- Film and Film Animation
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Indian Studies without Contemporary Relevance
- Management Studies (i.e. MBA)
- Medicine, Dentistry, and related therapies
- Public Health
- Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens who have been continuously resident in India at least six months prior to the time of application.
- Candidates who are Indian citizens and hold an undergraduate degree from a recognized institution abroad that meets our academic standards must have resided continuously, been employed, or have been studying in India for at least two years prior to the time of application.
- Candidates having a postgraduate qualification (e.g. Master’s or PhD) from an institution abroad are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have already begun their postgraduate education at an institution abroad are not eligible to apply.
- It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen at the time of the application. The Foundation will not consider candidates without evidence of admission.
- Candidates who have an English language certification as a conditional part of their offer letter need to attain that certification before applying for the scholarship.
- Candidates who have received a deferred offer of admission must have a valid offer for the academic year 2022-23 to be eligible for the 2022 scholarships.
- Candidates can be a maximum of 30 years of age in the year of application. Those born on or after 1stJanuary 1992 are eligible to apply for the 2022 scholarships.
- For Social Sciences, Humanities, Law, Fine Arts, Architecture and related subjects, candidates must have a minimum academic grade of 65%, CGPA 6.8, or GPA 2.6 from a recognized university/institution.
- For Mathematics, Sciences, Environment and related subjects, candidates must have a minimum academic grade of 70%, CGPA 7.2, or GPA 2.8 from a recognized university/institution.
- The maximum funding given by the Foundation is USD 100,000. If the total funding required to complete the proposed course of study exceeds this amount, at the time of application candidates must show evidence that they have been selected to a joint Inlaks scholarship institution or that they can cover the additional costs on their own.
- Acceptance of other awards, teaching assistantships, and part-time jobs are welcome even if your application to the Foundation is successful; applicants are required to report additional funding sources to the Foundation when they are received.
- A candidate’s proposed course of study cannot require field-trips to India during the study tenure.
- If the scholarship does not commence within nine months of award, it will be forfeited.
- Application for the scholarship must be made online.
- A candidate must have a valid passport to apply.
- Only one submission per candidate will be accepted.
- The online portal will not accept applications that do not meet the academic and financial eligibility criteria as given above.
- Two letters of reference are mandatory and one must be from an academic referee; candidates must provide official email addresses for both referees.
- An independent, Inlaks Selection Committee is appointed to select successful applications for scholarships.
- Applicants are judged on not only their past and present achievements but also on their future potential. Candidates applying for scholarships in art and design (fine/performing arts) will be judged primarily on the basis of their portfolios.
- The selection process consists in three stages: (1) review of eligible applications, (2) preliminary interviews with candidates chosen from this review and, (3) a final interview with those who succeed in the preliminary round.
- Candidates who do not receive any communication from the Foundation by mid-May must assume that their applications have not been successful
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
- Applications open: 15 February, 2022
- Deadline: 30 March, 2022