Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships are granted at top American, European and UK institutions, for funding requirements. Apply by April 15, 2019.
Inlaks Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in any field to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment.
The scholarships are of two types: university courses and specific programmes.
Scholarships are granted at top American, European and UK institutions, for funding requirements including tuition fees.
The Foundation does not award scholarships for more than US$100,000 (Rs. 71L).
If the total funding required (tuition + living allowance) exceeds US$100,000, candidates must show evidence that they have the ability to cover full funding for their courses at the time of their interviews in May/June. The Foundation does not cover candidates that are not fully funded.
The Foundation has joint scholarship schemes with:
- Imperial College, London Royal College of Art (RCA)
- London, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS)
- London, Cambridge Trust
- Cambridge and
- SciencesPo, Paris.
In the case of candidates for these collaborating institutions, the Foundation is able to accept applications without this requirement.
The Foundation does not give scholarships in the following subjects: Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation.
However, in the case of Imperial College, London, scholarships will be given for Engineering and Computer Science.
Further, we will consider Indian Studies, only if they have contemporary relevance. In the field of Music, only applications for Western Classical singing degrees will be considered.
Specific Programmes proposed by the candidate:
Scholarships for research, training or professional improvement to be carried out abroad either independently, or attached to a leading institution, and not leading to a degree.
Candidates are expected to provide full details of their proposed programs, including time and travelling plans, a full breakdown of costs, and evidence of agreement with such institutions if required.
- Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens who are resident in India at the time of application.
- Candidates are normally expected to hold a good first degree from a recognized university in India.
- Indian citizens who hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized university outside India must have resided continuously and been employed or been studying in India, for at least two years, after their under-graduation.
- People having a postgraduate degree (e.g. Master’s or Ph.D.) from a university outside India are not eligible; those who have started but not completed a postgraduate degree outside India are also ineligible.
- It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen. The Foundation will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission. The institutions concerned must only be top rank.
- Candidates must be below 30 years of age on the first of July in the year of application. Candidates who are already studying or have started their program abroad are not eligible.
- The award of other grants, teaching assistantships and support from other sources for the proposed program will be regarded by the Foundation as a positive factor.
- The Foundation also encourages applications from young people currently employed.
- The application form will be available online from February 25.
- The deadline for submissions is 15th April (23:59 IST).
For any queries, send an email to info[at]inlaksfoundation.org.