Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur is a premier public engineering institution located at Shibpur, Howrah district, West Bengal. It is recognized as an Institute of National Importance under Ministry of Human Resources Development by the Government of India along with IITs and NITs.
Initium is the flagship, national-level technological festival successfully organized by the students for the last few years. Initium 2018 will be co-hosted with the seminar with the objective of enhanced interaction between the students and industry professionals.
Theme of the Seminar
The Seminar is on: Modern Technologies and Systems for Improved Performance in Coal, Mineral and Allied Sectors
Topics for the seminar will include but not limited to the following:
- Technological, social, and environmental challenges to coal usage and mining
- Modern technologies in underground and opencast coal mining
- Advances in exploration techniques
- Modern IT-enabled systems in mining industry
- Advances in coal and mineral benefaction
- Challenges and advances to exploitation of ferrous and non-ferrous minerals
- Developments in instrumentation techniques and machines for enhanced performance
- Challenges and developments in coalbed methane, shale gas, coal-to-gas and coal-to-liquid
- Industry – Academia Panel Discussion: Panelists from the industry will discuss on the challenges faced by the mining industry and their possible solutions. Students will be invited to provide innovative solutions too.
- Paper Presentation: Selected students will present research papers in front of an esteemed jury…
- Industrial Problem Solving
Rules and Registration
The dates of the Initium Fest are Oct 28-29, 2018.
Department of Mining Engineering, IIEST ShibpurP.O.Botanical Garden, Howrah, West Bengal 711103