Information Technology Residency Program for University Graduates @ Google [Hyderabad]: Applications Open
Google’s Information Technology Residency Program (ITRP) is a 26-month role designed to jumpstart your career in technology at Google or beyond. Residents will learn what it takes to support and scale Google’s technology, from our corporate infrastructure to end users. Using various support channels (chat, email, phone, video, in-person, etc), you will be helping Googlers on all sorts of challenging support cases. You will encounter a sophisticated user base working on all major desktop and mobile operating systems (Windows, OS X, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, etc).
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our search engine and tools serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. Interacting with people in all parts of the company will give you insight into our unique enterprise and corporate culture.
ITRP gives you exposure to a wide range of issues as you’ll assist Googlers around the world. You will help Google’s operations to evolve at scale by finding innovative ways to make support more efficient. You will act as a liaison between technical and non-technical groups to enhance Google’s infrastructure and internal services.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience troubleshooting in a Linux, OS X or Windows networked environment.
- BA/BS degree in the following majors: Information Systems, Information Technology, Applied Networking, System Administration, or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of relevant work experience, including experience deploying and supporting desktops/laptops, phone systems, video conferencing and various wireless devices.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment, with a focus on knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and to make quick decisions with limited information.
- Effective organizational, communication, leadership, problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Provide support across all channels, including chat, email, phone, video, in-person, etc. (The amount of time dedicated to each varies by location).
- Troubleshoot across Google’s corporate resources, applications, and various operating systems, including Linux, OS X, Windows, Chrome OS and Android platforms.
- Support various services such as video conferencing, remote access, new internal products and mobile technology.
To apply, click here.
For any queries, contact
Ph: 040 6619 3000
For any further information, visit here.
About the Author