Sahapedia is an open online resource on the arts, cultures and histories of South Asia. Through the Frames Photography Grant, Sahapedia gives photographers an opportunity to engage seriously with subjects of cultural value in India and /or South Asia. The photo essays produced through the Frames Photography Grant will be published on Sahapedia.org and its social media channels.
In this second edition, the Sahapedia Frames Photography Grant will be awarded to 20 photographers. Selected photographers will get an opportunity to visually document a subject or theme of their choice. The Grant will include:
- A monetary reward of Rs. 25,000
- Travel expenses of up to Rs. 20,000
- Certificate acknowledging the photographer as a Sahapedia Frames Photography Grant recipient
IndusInd Bank is generously supporting the Sahapedia Frames Photography Grants project.
Final date for submission of applications: 30th November 2018.
- Selected candidates will be notified by 15th December 2018.
- Date of commencement of Grant: 1st January 2019.
- Date of submission of all deliverables: 30th March 2019.
The Grant is open only to photographers who have an Indian bank account.
- Photographers must be above 18 years of age as on 1st November 2018.
- Recipients of the first edition of the Grant are not eligible to apply for the second edition.
Each applicant must submit a concept note (between 300–500 words) outlining the subject that the applicant wants to shoot and why the subject is relevant for this Grant.
- The application must be accompanied by a portfolio of existing/published work.
- The application may be submitted through the form on this page or via email to email@example.com
Final selection will be done by noted photographer Mr. Dinesh Khanna in consultation with Sahapedia’s editorial team. Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of their proposed themes and their relevance to Sahapedia. For more information on selection criteria, kindly refer to Annexure 1.
The final deliverables will consist of three elements:
- An introductory text (in a word file; at least 1000 words) which provides an overview.
- A set of high resolution images (at least 60) shot in RAW format.
- A set of captions for each corresponding image in a separate word file.
Sahapedia welcomes all proposals which falls under the broad categories of culture, history, heritage, environment and arts. However, we are also looking for more content on the following subjects:
- The geographic regions on which Sahapedia is looking for more content are:
- Western Himalayas
- The North-Eastern States
- Eastern Coastline
- Central India
- Specific subject areas on which Sahapedia is looking for more content are:
- Pastoral communities
- Professions in decline
- Traditional Sports
- Indigenous musical instruments
- Food/beverage culture
- Ritualistic art
- Pilgrimage routes
For further details on the same, click here.