IIT Mandi is conducting an Indo-UK Workshop on Fluxomics & Metabolomics of Plant & Microbial Systems from March 19 to 22, 2020. The workshop is aimed at providing researchers and scholars hands-on exposure in fluxomics and metabolomics that has applications in agriculture, health, environment, and industry.
- The main objective of this workshop is to assist current and next-generation Metabolic Systems Biology scientists by providing hands-on exposure to the fundamentals, challenges and modern research strategies in deciphering Plant and microbial metabolism using advanced -omics workflows.
- The talks and interactions with the pioneering experts from the University of Oxford, IIT Mandi and other scientists will provide the right platform to the scholars, postdocs, and faculty interested in metabolomics and fluxomics.
The workshop covers:
- Key note talks by experts from the University of Oxford, IIT Mandi and others
- Measuring metabolites and metabolomics – Hands-on sessions (Day 1)
- Fluxomics – constraint-based FBA (Day 2)
- Fluxomics – 13C MFA (Day 3)
- Recent Advances in metabolism (Day 4)
- Constraint-based flux analysis (Talk)
- Metabolic reconstruction
- Gene to KEGG Orthology (G2KO pipeline)
- Defining objective function
- Modeling to derive flux space
- Interpretation of Flux maps
- Building a carbon transition network
- Steady-state flux analysis
- Interpretation of flux mapsLong term changes in snow/glaciers
- Balancing cellular demands
Who can Attend?
All students, research scholars, faculty members, and researchers are eligible to attend this course. Students and research scholars of IIT Mandi are also encouraged to apply.
There is a minimal fee for the participants to cover food and other expenses. Travel expenses need to be borne by the participants or their parent institutes. Participants will be provided with course material, refreshments during the course, and course participation certificate.
- For Research Scholars/ Students: Rs. 2,000/-
- For Faculties & Scientists: Rs. 3,000/-
- For Industry Delegates: Rs. 5000/-
How to Apply?
- There are limited seats in the workshop. Selections will be made on the basis of relevance of the workshop to the participant and his/her ‘Statement of Purpose’ in few lines (<200 words) to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with cc. to email@example.com.
- The subject of the email should be mentioned as “SOP-FluxMetSys2020”.
- Selected candidates will be intimated at the earliest, after which candidates can pay a fee (non-refundable).
- The last date to apply is March 6, 2020.
Phone Number: +91 1905-267151,
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org