About the Fellowship
Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and Indo-U.S. Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF) jointly announce the “Indo-U.S. Fellowship for Women in STEMM (WISTEMM)” (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine) program with an aim to provide opportunities to Indian Women Scientists, Engineers & Technologists to undertake international collaborative research in premier institutions in U.S.A, to enhance their research capacities and capabilities.
- Provide opportunity to bright Indian women students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in U.S. academia and labs.
- Promoting research and capacity building for Indian women students and scientists in different frontline areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM).
- Pave way for the next generation Women Scientists and Technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
- Encourage, motivate and provide opportunity to outstanding women students to take up research path.
Indian women applicant having Ph.D. degree in Basic Sciences, Engineering or Technology including Agricultural and Medical Sciences and holding a regular position at any recognized academic institution/ R&D institute/ university/ college in India.
Desirable: Applicants having research collaborative project with any Institute / Lab in U.S.A (but not visited there) will be preferred.
Age: 27 to 45 years ( as on 17.06.2019)
Nature of Support will include :
1. Monthly stipend of $3,000
2. Air Fare up to $ 2,500
3. Health Insurance of up to $1,000
4. Contingency up to $1,000
5. Conference Allowances of up to $1,200
How to apply
Apply online at this page.
For Official Link, click here.