The Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi invites applications from outstanding Indian young scientists/ researchers to apply for the Indo-Japanese Joint Project on “Establishment of Young Researcher Fellowship Programme 2017-2018” coordinated by INSA and Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS).
This programme is supported by the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
- The applicant should be Indian citizen, residing in India, and be a Postdoc and/or a scientist/faculty member working in a regular capacity in an UGC (University Grants Commission) recognized University/Deemed University/Academic Institute or National Research & Development Laboratory/Institute and actively engaged in research work in the related areas.
- Applicants must have been awarded their Ph.D. degree and should be less than 40 years of age as on the last date of submission.
- Applicants should not have availed any overseas fellowship in previous 3 years.
- The applicant should have been accepted to work in an institute/laboratory in Japan to be visited. Such acceptance should be supported by a letter of invitation from the host Institution(s) commenting on the proposed collaboration.
- The applicant should submit a detailed programme of his/her collaborative research work to be conducted in consultation with the host scientist(s) in Japan.
- All applications should be forwarded through proper channel by the employer/Head of the Institution.
- Selected candidate are required to sign Service Bond (Format-6) to the parent institute for a period of three (3) years.
Number of Fellowships: 10 Fellowships
Field of Research:
Participation is open to all fields of Science & Technology/any field of natural science (basic and applied), engineering science, mathematics, statistics, health and multi-disciplinary research in science & technology will be considered. Applicants engaged in multi-disciplinary research are invited to apply but should note that proposals for research solely in humanities, social or behavioural science are NOT eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
Reporting Requirements Successful applicants are required to submit Visit Report/s (Format – 1 & 2) within two (2) months after returning to India. It is anticipated that the report will indicate how the collaboration has progressed.
One (1) complete set of application form duly forwarded by the Head of the Institution/University should reached the following address, soft copy of the same should also be emailed to email@example.com, on or before the last date. Applications received after the last date will not be considered in any case.
The last date for receiving complete applications is 25 October 2017.
The Deputy Executive Director-I (Scientific)
Indian National Science Academy
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg New Delhi – 110002, INDIA
Phone: 011-23221931-23221950 (20 lines) (EPABX)