The Indo-German Spring School on Algorithms for Big Data aims to train young researchers, in particular, Ph.D. students and postdocs, in algorithmic solution techniques for big data problems. To this end, we bring leading researchers together that work on big data aspects in different scientific subfields.
Besides the training, such a forum would allow the exchange of ideas for solving future challenges in the big data context. We will also invite selected industrial researchers as speakers. Furthermore, interested practitioners are welcome to attend and share their experience in discussion rounds.
This opening to industry is meant to improve the exchange between theory and practice in both directions. Academic researchers learn about application requirements in practice and, in turn, top-notch academic results may enter industrial solutions sooner. This way the workshop would also serve as a platform for seeding new collaborations, both between academia and industry but also within academia across the two countries and beyond.
- External Memory for Data Structures with Buffered Updates
- Streaming algorithms for basic geometric problems.
- Adaptive submodular ranking and routing
- Parallel machine scheduling to minimize energy consumption
- Route planning algorithms in real world
- Algorithms and Systems for Processing very large group
- Fast algorithms for constrained learning
- Research Lab Employee: Rs. 2500/-
- Faculty Member: Rs. 1500/-
IIIT Delhi has limited hostel accommodation that can be availed at an additional cost given below. This does not include meals but they can be bought from IIIT Delhi mess and canteen. If you are a student or a postdoc at an Indian institution, there are no registration fees for you. However, because of the limited number of seats, the selection will be based on the curriculum vitae.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here. The last date to register is January 10, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org