Indo-German Science & Technology Centre (IGSTC), established by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Government of Germany invite applications for availing Industrial Fellowships to encourage young researchers towards applied research. This program is aimed at encouraging Ph.D. students/ researchers in S&T with an appreciable track record and having an aptitude for applied research and technology development.
The proposed programme aims to:
- Encourage and enable Indo-German collaboration between industry-academia and industry-industry linkages through outstanding researchers.
- Expose researchers to industry and industrial R&D enhancing interest in applied research.
- Create avenues for capacity building through doctoral and early career researchers in applied research through networking with the industry.
The financial support will be limited to:
- Ph.D. Industrial Exposure Fellowship: € 1500 per month;
- Post Doctoral Industrial Fellowship: € 2500 per month;
- Single round trip economy class airfare including visa fees and medical/travel insurance: up to € 1000.
Fellowships are offered at two levels:
- Ph.D. Industrial Exposure Fellowship – Young researchers who have completed one year of their Ph.D. course in Science/Engineering from India and with an age limit of 28 yrs are eligible. The duration of the Fellowship is up to six months.
- Post Doctoral Industrial Fellowship – Fresh PhDs in Science/ Engineering with an age limit of 35 yrs (and within 2 years of completion of PhDs from Indian institutes/universities) are eligible. Talented researchers not holding a permanent position or having a career break satisfying above age and Ph.D. criteria are also eligible. The duration of the Fellowship is up to twelve months.
Applications will be evaluated by a Scientific Committee based on merit and compliance to the eligibility conditions. The decision of the Committee will be considered as final and binding.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The application should be submitted online. Submissions by other mechanisms will not be accepted.
- The applicant must define a detailed activity plan containing the objective, execution strategy, and expected outcome for the fellowship duration.
- In both the Fellowships, the awardee will be hosted by the industry/ industrial research organization for the duration of the Fellowship. Choice and acceptance from the industry/industrial research organization is the sole responsibility of the applicant. The applicant should ensure an endorsement/consent letter from the host industry/ organization at the time of the application.
- The applicant having institutional affiliation shall submit NOC from the Head of the institution at the time of application.
- Applicants shall submit a recommendation letter from the mentor at the parent organization.
- PDIF applicants not having affiliation with an institution may submit 2 letters of reference.
- The awardee will abide by the conduct, rules & regulations of the German host organization and the country.
- IGSTC will not be responsible for violation of any Rules & Regulations by the awardee.
- IGSTC grant is only for supporting monthly fellowship, round-trip airfare, visa fees, and medical/ travel insurance.
- IGSTC will disburse the grant to the Indian bank account of the awardee/ parent institution in INR.
- The awardee shall commence his/her visit within 6 months from the date of the award letter.
- Extension in the duration of Fellowship shall not be entertained.
- The awardee/host mentor must intimate IGSTC through email/letter if the awardee discontinues the Fellowship before completion of the tenure.
- Within 4 weeks of completion of the Fellowship, the awardee must submit a detailed Fellowship completion report endorsed by the host mentor in the prescribed format along with representative photos to IGSTC.
- The awardee must recognise and acknowledge IGSTC Industrial Fellowship in all online/ print documents, communication, reports, publications, PhD thesis, etc. on work resulting from the Fellowship.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is October 29, 2021.