Alliance Française du Bengale in Kolkata, and The Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan Kolkata in collaboration with the Kolkata based gallery CIMA and Kala Bhavana, Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal are organizing the second interdisciplinary Indo – European Residency Project Kolkata.
The residency takes place in Kolkata, West Bengal, India and in Santiniketan, West Bengal, India and lasts seven weeks (six weeks in Kolkata and one week in Santiniketan). The start of the stay is planned for October 2018.
For the Indo-European Residency Project Kolkata, three artists practicing different art forms (one from France, Germany and India) will work and explore the city together, for six weeks in Kolkata and one week in Santiniketan.
A studio space is provided in Kolkata as well. During their stay, the artists will meet for a productive exchange with cosmopolitan and culturally interested people, artists, NGOs and others in West Bengal.
The aim of this residency is the creation of an individual or collective art project during the stay in India. The engagement, with fellow artists from different countries, along with personal artistic experiences will help create a new cultural space for inspiring ideas and producing entrancing results.
Benefits of the project
- Domestic flight expenses (Economy Class)
- Accommodation during the residence period in cooperation with the local host organization
- Scholarship of INR 1,00,000 for the seven weeks
- Daily allowance of INR 800 per day during the stay in Kolkata and Santiniketan during the residency
- Contribution to the production costs of the project in Kolkata (only after approval)
How to apply
Apply with the below documents.
- Detailed CV
- Information on previous, important artistic projects (publication, exhibition, shows, concerts…)
- Reasons for applying for the Indo-European Residency Project Kolkata, including the presentation of the artistic objectives and an outline of a specific project (about 250 words)
- The Skype contact name must be added to the application documents
- All attachments larger than 2 MB, to be uploaded with a file sharing service
- Only complete applications that meet the requirements listed here can be considered.
The application should be sent to the email ID given in the contact section below.
- Application deadline: 19 August 2018
- Final selection: 7 September 2018
- Start of the residence: 24 October 2018
- End of the residence: 16 December 2018
Ms. Iti Basu Sarkar, Chief-Administrator
For brochure, click here.