Indian nationals are invited to apply for “Indian Oil – Simon Fraser University (SFU) Canada Fellowship” to work in the following emerging areas.
No. of Research Fellows: 2 (Two)
Areas: Clean Energy, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Technology, Natural Gas and Advanced Materials
- Candidates must have completed their Master’s degree from a recognized university in India in Chemistry or Electrochemistry or Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering, or Metallurgical Engineering or Electrochemical Engineering.
- The candidate must have cleared all the exams from Graduation and Post-graduation level in First Class scoring above 65% marks in the final exams.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have cleared CSIR/UGC-NET / GATE exam. However, in case the candidate joins the Fellowship he/she shall not be allowed to avail any other fellowship.
- The upper age limit for applying for the above fellowship is 28 years as on 31st August, 2017
- Candidates will be required to fulfill SFU admission criteria for a doctoral degree in Engineering or Science.
- Selected candidates will undertake 12 months of initial course and Research work at Simon Fraser University (SFU), Canada and subsequently 3 years of PhD Research work in India. The registration at SFU, Canada shall commence in May 2018.
- Selected candidates will have to work under supervision of two guides. The SFU guide is the formal thesis supervisor as per SFU degree requirements and a guide from IndianOil R&D will be overseeing the research in collaboration with the thesis supervisor during the research period in India. Topics relevant to IndianOil /SFU will only be allowed for the fellowship.
- All selected applicants would be required to register for PhD at Simon Fraser University (SFU), Vancouver, Canada and fulfill the requirements for PhD degree. They will receive a 100% Tuition fee award for four years and a stipend to the tune of CAD 13000 to support living expenses during the one year stay in Canada.
- IndianOil would offer a fellowship amount which will be 25% more than the prevailing rate under CSIR Research Fellowship scheme as applicable, HRA @ 30% of the fellowship amount for the period of study in India.
- The Fellow will be required to apply for a valid Indian passport, procure required VISA overseas insurance and bear all such expenses including travel cost to and from Canada.
Last Date for receiving Applications: 31st August 2017
How to Apply:
Application form can be downloaded from link http://iocl.com/PeopleCareers/job.aspx and completed typed / computer printed application forms along with Bio-data should be sent to the following address by ordinary post only. No couriers will be accepted.
General Manager I/C (HR)
Indian Oil Corporation Limited,
Research & Development Centre,