Internship Opportunity @ Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore [Stipend: Rs. 10,000]: Application Open
The Internship Programme is conducted by the Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) with the aim of promoting interest in Scientific Research among other Institutions/University/College students.
Candidates selected for this programme, will work on specific projects under the supervision the academic staff members of IIA.
Category of Students:
Students who are in the final year of B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.Phil/M.Tech can undertake their final year project work towards partial fulfillment of their degree course in IIA. The duration of such projects can be from 6 to 9 months.
Short-term projects: Students who are in the pre-final year of B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.Tech or final year B.Sc. or within 6 months after the completion of their B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc/M.Sc/M.Tech, can undertake a short-term project at IIA. The duration of such project is from 6 weeks to 6 months only.
PhD students from other institutions:
Students who are doing their PhD in other Institutions/Universities/Colleges can visit IIA for collaborative work with IIA faculty. The total duration of this collaborative visit must not exceed 3 months in an academic year.
Students with INSPIRE/KVPY fellowship can undertake short-term projects with IIA faculty. The duration of the project is from 6 weeks to 3 months only.
Students who have submitted their PhD within the last 6 months can visit IIA for a period not exceeding 6 months. They will be given stipend from IIA only if they are not getting funding from any other sources.
Consistently good academic record with more than 55% marks in Mathematics and Science from 10th standard onwards.
- Students under this programme are selected under the following two categories:
(A) Without Stipend & (B) With Stipend.
- Stipend of Rs. 10,000/ per month (pro-rated) given to students of category-B selected for internship at IIA Bangalore campus but no accommodation provided.
- The student selected for IIA field stations with category-B are given Rs. 5,000/ per month (pro- rated) and accommodation may be provided depending upon the availability.
- Return travel fare by second-class sleeper/bus from the place of residence/college to IIA at the time of joining given to students of both categories.
- Students of both categories are eligible for subsidized food in IIA canteens, access to library and computing facilities.
- Local students, who are permanent residents of Bangalore City:
College students, who wish to pursue the projects related to their degree courses, are not given any financial assistance.
- Students who have completed their degree courses in recent past (within 6 months) are given stipend of Rs. 5000/- per month if they are working at IIA regularly, and in some deserving cases full stipend may be given if staying in PGs/hostels.
- Candidates who are INSPIRE/KVPY fellows/PhD students from other institutes and getting external funding/fellowship will not be given stipend and travel support.
- For the batch of 1 Sep – 31 Dec, apply online during June-July
- For the batch of 1 Jan – 31 Mar, apply on-line during Sep-Oct
- For the batch of 1-30 Apr or 15 July – 31 Aug, apply on-line during Dec-Jan
All queries related to projects at IIA (with or without support) be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To see the original notification, please visit this link.
About the Author