Entries are invited from eligible candidates for the Indian Diplomacy Summit (IDS) Writing Competition.
About the Competition
IDS is proud to present The Social Network in partnership with Teach For India. This initiative is a bridge that connects the youth to various social causes that surround us.
Aligning with our organisation’s motto, this project aims at creating knowledge and awareness amongst the youth, of the persisting societal issues utilizing dialogue, deliberation and resolution.
Their goal is to collaborate with a non-profit organisation that is actively working on one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations and help them achieve their objectives with the help of our youth’s vision.
This project will take place in the form of an article/resolution writing competition spanning over three months. As we know, the pandemic has disrupted the education system for children.
It is high time for the youth to come up with resolutions that will help overcome or leverage the impact of the pandemic. The work that Teach for India does has inspired us to build our agendas around the disparities in the Indian education system.Hence, this year we are targeting the Sustainable Development Goal 4 – Quality Education.
The participants will get a considerable amount of time to research, brainstorm and present a set of resolutions that could help the non-profit organisation in a significant manner.
This set of resolutions will be presented in the form of a well-researched article whose format will be provided by IDS, with a clear set of rules and guidelines.
Participants would need to make sure that their proposal is practical, viable, and aligns with the objectives of the agenda and the non profit organisation. They will be judged by representative from Teach for India.
Theme: Sustainable Development Goal 4 – Quality Education.
- Interpreting the role of teachers in building safe and inclusive learning spaces for children.
- Strengthening post pandemic public education system in India.
- Inclusion of climate change education in Indian academic curriculum.
Any one from the age group of 15 – 25 years can apply irrespective of their educational background.
- A platform to voice your opinions and ideate solutions for the persisting issues surrounding children’s education in India.
- All the authors get a Digital Certificate and a Token of Appreciation issued by IDS with a mention of the title partner Teach For India along with esteemed institutions and collaborators.
- The Winner and Two runners-up shall be awarded with cash prizes and an internship opportunity with IDS Mumbai.
- The winners will get a chance to intern with the fellow collaborators of this project in addition to the Digital certificate and Token of Appreciation.
- 10 Honorable Mentions shall be given to authors who will get a chance to publish their article on our website and a shout out on our social media platform.
How to Submit?
- Interested applicants can register for the competition through this link.
- Submit your article via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th October 2021 (11:59 pm).
September 20, 2021