The main objective of Indian Council of Philosophical Research – ICPR Fellowship Scheme is to promote research in philosophy at various levels by providing opportunities to scholars, especially the young scholars, to be engaged on a whole time basis, in research projects on themes of their choice.
Fields of Research
The themes of research generally fall under the major areas of investigation in the field of philosophy and related disciplines as identified by the Council as the following.
- Theories of Truth and Knowledge.
- Basic Values Embodied in Indian Culture and their relevance to National Reconstruction.
- Normative Inquiries (Ethics and Aesthetics).
- Interdisciplinary Inquiries (Ethics and Aesthetics).
- Philosophy, Science and Technology.
- Philosophy of Man and the Environment.
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Philosophy of Law.
- Comparative and Critical environment Study in the Philosophical Systems/Movements
- Logic, Philosophy of Mathematics and Philosophy of Language.
- Philosophy of Education.
- Philosophy of Social Sciences.
- Philosophy of mind and Consciousness Studies.
Categories of Fellowships
- Junior Research Fellowships: The value of the Junior Research Fellowship will be Rs.17,600/- p.m. (consolidated) for a full time regular Ph.D. scholar or as revised by the ICPR from time to time; A Contingency Grant of Rs.16,500/- per annum is admissible for all JRFs, The contingency grant is meant for meeting expenditure incurred in connection with the research work, such as field work, computer use and data processing, and other items admissible for the purpose.There is no provision for pay protection in this category of fellowship. The fellowship is offered for a period of two years.
- General Fellowships: The fellowship amount in this category is Rs. 30,800/- per month and contingency grant is Rs. 22,000/- per annum. The fellowship is offered for a period of two years. There is provision for pay protection in this category of fellowship.
- Senior Fellowships: The fellowship carries monthly emolument of Rs.44,000/- and a contingency grant of Rs. 44,000/- per annum. The fellowship is offered for a period of two years.
All the above categories of Fellowships are awarded for a period of two years. However, if the work done by the fellow during his/her tenure is found publication worthy, the fellowship may be extended to the third year in such exceptional cases.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted online at this link.
Last date of submission of online form would be 30th April 2018, 11.59 p.m.
Instructions for filling the online form are given here.
In case of technical difficulties (online portal) in submission of online
form Sh. Ranjan Kumar, 0120-4133935 may be contacted.
Reg. Fellowship (Academic matters only) ICPR office may be contacted on
011-29901536, 01129901537, 011-29901527.
For official notification, click here.