The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging career to young and dynamic Indian male candidates for various branches as an Assistant Commandant(Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officers) and invites ‘online’ application .
Branch and Eligibility:
Indian citizens having following minimum qualifications are eligible to apply:
- General Duty/General Duty (Pilot): Should hold a Bachelor’s degree of recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (ie.1st Semester to 8th Semester for BE/B.Tech or 1st year to last year for Bachelor Degree Candidates wherever applicable). Mathematics and Physics as subjects up to intermediate or class XII of 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent with 60% aggregate marks in Maths & Physics[Candidates not in possession of Physics & Maths in 10 + 2 (Intermediate) level are not eligible for General Duty(GD) & General Duty (Pilot).
- Pilot (CPL): 12th class pass with 60% marks in aggregate and should possess current/valid Commercial Pilot License (CPL) issued/validated by DGCA on the date of submission of application
- The upper age limit of OBC/SC & ST is relaxable as per Govt. of India rules in vogue. However, SC and ST category candidates already appeared in PSB/FSB of Special Recruitment Drive of 01/2018 batch are not eligible for the current batch.
- Maximum 5% relaxation in aggregate in the degree certificate for SC/ST candidates, NCC ’C’ (A grade) holders, Sports person of National level (Inter State & above) and wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service. No relaxation for 12th class marks.
- Coast Guard reserves the right to fix the cut off percentage for issue of PSB call up letters.
Additional Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidates failed in Computerised Pilot Selection System or suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy are not eligible for Pilot branch.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Only candidates cleared their final year/ final semester exams and completed their degrees are to apply.
How to Apply:
- Applications will be accepted only ‘Online’ from 24 Jun 2017 till 02 Jul 2017 upto 1700 hrs for the above branches
- To fill up “Online” application the candidates need to logon to the Website joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button.