Applications are invited from unmarried Male Engineering Graduates for 130th Technical
Graduate Course (commencing in Jan 2020 at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun) for permanent commission in the Indian Army.
(a) Nationality: A candidate must be unmarried male and must either be :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia,
Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (2), (3), (4) and (5) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India.
Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are
Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary will attach such certificate along with the application.
(b) Age Limit: 20 to 27 years as on 01 Jan 2020. (Candidates born between 02 Jan
1993 and 01 Jan 2000, both dates inclusive)
(c) Educational Qualification for Applying: Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to
The candidate studying in the final year of Engg degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01 Jan 2020 and produce the Engg Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at IMA.
Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at IMA as notified from time to time, as well as stipend and pay & allowances, paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree Certificate within the specified time
Number of Vacancies: 40
- Civil: 10
- Architecture: 1
- Mechanical: 6
- Electrical/Electrical and Electronics: 6
- Computer Sc & Engg / Computer Technology/ Info Tech/ M. Sc Computer Sc: 8
- Electronics & Telecom/ Telecommunication/ Electronics & Comn/ Satellite Communication: 5
- Electronics: 1
- Metallurgical: 1
- Electronics & Instrumentation/ Instrumentation: 1
- Micro Electronics and Microwave: 1
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit, engineering stream-wise upto the number of vacancies available at the time.
- Duration of training – 49 weeks.
Stipend to Gentlemen Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service Academy i.e. during training period at IMA: Rs 56,100/- Per month* (Starting pay in Level 10)
How to Apply
Apply online at this site.
For detailed instructions, view the official notification below.
The deadline to apply is May 9, 12:00 Hours.