Applications are invited from unmarried male Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (hereinafter referred to as PCM) subjects and fulfill the eligibility conditions prescribed in the subsequent paragraphs, for the grant of Permanent Commission in the Army.
90 (Vacancies are provisional and can be changed depending on the training capacity at
the Training Academy for this course. The vacancies are subject to increase/decrease keeping the organizational requirement at the point of time.)
Type of Commission
On successful completion of 4 years of the course, cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
(a) Nationality: A candidate must be unmarried male and must either be :
- (i) A citizen of India, or
- (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or
- (iii) A subject of Nepal, or
- (iv) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- (v) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above
shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Govt of India.
- Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be shortlisted provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him by the Govt before declaration of result by SSB/joining training.
(b) Age Limit: A candidate must not be below 16 1⁄2 years and above 19 1⁄2 years on the first day of the month in which the course is due to commence i.e. the candidate should not be born before 01 Jul 2000 and not after 01 Jul 2003 (both days inclusive).
(c) Educational Qualification: Only those candidates who have passed 10+2 Examination or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from recognized education boards are eligible to apply for this entry. Eligibility condition for calculating PCM percentage of various state /central boards will be based on marks obtained in Class XII only.
(d) Medical Examination: The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability which is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of Military duties. There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or underweight. The Candidate should not be overweight or obese. The minimum acceptable height is 157 cms. For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern regions of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable heights will be 5 cms less. (For full details, view the brochure given below)
Total training will be 5 years. Details are as under:
- Basic Military Training. 1 year (Officer Training Academy Gaya).
- Technical Training. (i) Phase-I (Pre Commission Training): 3 Years (CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad), (ii) Phase-II (Post Commission Training): 1 year at CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad.
- Award of Degree. The candidates will be awarded Engineering degree after successful completion of the final examination. No ante date will be admissible to candidates on account of this Engineering degree. During the last two semesters, the officers will be permitted only one relegation on academic grounds. This relegation will be within the maximum two relegations permitted on academic grounds in the entire Engineering degree (8 semesters) in accordance with JNU Ordinance. Any further relegation of the officer on academic grounds will lead to termination of his commission.
Fixed Stipend for Cadet Trainng. The gentlemen cadets will be given a stipend of Rs. 56,100/-p.m.* as is admissible to NDA cadets on completion of 3 years training. On completion of 4 Years training, they will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank.
* On successful commissioning, the pay in the pay matrix of the officer commissioned shall be fixed in first Cell of Level 10 and the period of training shall not be treated as commissioned service and arrears on account of admissible allowances, as applicable, for the training period shall be paid to cadets.
How to Apply
Application will only be accepted online. To do so the candidate needs to click on the
‘online application’ button on the right side of this page.
Applications close on 08 June 2019 at 1200 hours.
For any queries, contact the email IDs/ phone numbers given on this page.
For full details, view the official notification given here.