The Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India invites to participate against ‘Joint Call for Proposals – 2020’ under the India-Slovenia Scientific and Technological Cooperation Program between the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Slovenia and the Slovenian Research Agency of the Republic of Slovenia. The call will be open from March 10, 2020 to 11 June 2020 to invite joint proposals from both the sides.
Call for proposals
The priority areas for this Call mutually agreed are as given below:
- Health, biomedicine and biotechnology;
- New materials, including polymers;
- Information and communication technologies;
- Renewable energy sources;
- Urban areas (smart cities);
- Artificial intelligence;
- Other areas could be added by mutual consent between the coordinating agencies.
Who can participate
Scientists/Faculty Members working in a regular capacity in recognized universities/deemed universities, academic institutes and national research & development laboratories/ institutes can apply as Principal Investigator (PI). One CO-PI is mandatory to be part of the Indian team from the proposed project. However, the number of CO-PI may be more than one as per the rationale of project objectives and desired expertise.
How to apply?
Indian applicants must submit online proposals to DST through the e-application system provided at official website on or before closing date with a copy to email@example.com. The following documents need to be uploaded with the Annexure I.
- Description of available research resources, including short CV’s of research team members and inventory of relevant equipment.
- Certificate for Conflict of interest (Indian PI, available on www.onlinedst.gov.in)
- Letter of Agreement for all kinds of cooperation, signed by all PIs and duly forwarded by the Head of the host institutes
- Declaration from the Indian PI about ongoing projects under the International Division of DST.
- Announcement of Call: March 10, 2020
- Closing date to receive Joint Projects through Online portal: 11 June 2020
- Indicative evaluation period: September 15, 2020
- Indicative deadline for financing decision by the Joint Committee: October, 2020
- Launch of Projects: January, 2021
For more details, click here.