The Department of Science & Technology (DST) invites applications from Indian Techno-Entrepreneurs for the India-Russia Joint Technology Assessment & Accelerated Commercialization Program 2020.
The India-Russia Joint Technology Assessment and Accelerated Commercialization Programme are a bilateral initiative of India and Russia focused on strengthening the relationship based on Science, Technology, and Innovation.
The key program objectives are:
- Promote joint research and development (R&D) between India and Russia
- Promote validated technology transfer between India and Russia
- Promote innovation and entrepreneurship development through financial, capacity building, mentorship, and business development support to create a successful joint enterprise.
The program is jointly funded by DST, Govt. of India, and FASIE and will provide access to public funding for the joint selected projects with the participation of at least one SME from Russia and one SME/ Startup from India.
The project comprises of two annual cycles and five projects will be funded under each program cycle. For each annual cycle of the program, total funding of INR 7.5 Crores will be made available to the Indian entrepreneurs with INR 1.5 Crores committed to each of the top five projects shortlisted.
The program will prioritize, but not limit, applications under the following thematic areas:
- IT & ICT, including AI, AR, VR
- Medicine/ Pharmaceuticals
- Renewable Energy
- Clean Technologies/ Alternative Technologies
- New materials
- Artificial intelligence
- Robotics and drones
- Only S&T-based Indian SMEs and start-ups, as defined and incorporated under the Indian laws are eligible to apply.
- Universities, academic institutions, research organizations, and other public bodies can only participate as subcontractors (30%).
- Must have a prior identified project partner in Russia.
- The maximum funding per project would be INR 1.5 Crore and the applicant must co-finance 50% of the amount requested from DST, GoI.
- Permissive use of funding: Salary, materials, subcontractors, technology modification, design & development, testing & trials, and similar miscellaneous costs.
- Project Duration: 18 to 24 months.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is September 30, 2020.
Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Scientist-E,
Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.