DST and FCT invite Indian and Portuguese researchers to submit joint proposals for research, carried out by scientists from both parties. Qualifying scientific applicants from India and Portugal may receive research grants from DST and FCT, respectively, according to the applicable funding procedures and regulations
The aim of this joint call is to support the development of scientific and technological cooperation between Indian and Portuguese researchers and to strengthen the scientific partnership between research groups from each party by establishing bilateral research networks, enhancing research cooperation, and promoting the exchange of knowledge between Indian and Portuguese scientists.
This call aims to support scientific research and technological development (SR&TD) Projects addressed to scientific questions or original and relevant concepts, with reference to international standards, which contribute significantly to the advancement of knowledge and which result in indicators of achievement of scientific production in the course of the project. Proposals are accepted in the following scientific domains:
- Infrastructure Sustainability,
- Climate Change,
- Disaster Management,
- Marine Science & Technology,
- All projects related to S&T solutions against COVID-19/ Pandemic which falls under the above-given subjects will be encouraged and considered,
- Other areas could be added by mutual consent between the coordinating agencies.
The overall funding available under the present Call for EUR 1.000.000 from the Portuguese side and funding for matching activities in the Indian Rupees from the Indian side.
- Scientists/Faculty Members working in a regular capacity in recognized universities/deemed universities, academic institutes, and national research & development laboratories/ institutes can apply as Principal Investigator (PI). One CO-PI is mandatory to be part of the Indian team from the proposed project. However, the number of CO-PI may be more than one as per the rationale of project objectives and desired expertise.
- The Indian PI should not be retiring during the proposed duration of the project.
- The Indian scientists who are involved in any capacity in the implementation of two or more ongoing projects (not expected to be completed by December 2020), is supported by the international division of DST are not eligible to be a member of the research team.
- The proposal should include research partners as PI and CO-PI from Portugal research institutes/ universities with clear demarcation of objectives to be carried out by both research teams.
- In order to qualify for such funding, investigators are required to have a concrete and sound research proposal targeting the interest of both nations on any of the above-mentioned research areas.
Call for Proposals
Interested candidates can submit their proposals by clicking here.
Candidates are also requested to send a copy to email@example.com. The last date to submit the proposals is June 30, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Call for Proposals: AI/ ML Applications in Earth Sciences by Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India: Submit by June 1.