About the Event:
India Innovation Initiative or i3 is one of India’s largest and most-awaited innovation challenges jointly-promoted by the Confederation of Indian Industry, the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to identify, reward and recognize the top innovators from across the country and to enable commercialisation of the best, home-grown innovations through incubation support, mentorship, investor, and industry connect.
Now in its 9th edition, the focus of i3 2017 is on identifying high-potential innovators who have developed innovations with high-impact, and orienting and training them to become entrepreneurs. This year, the focus is on the human aspect, developing key entrepreneurship skills of innovators for maximum impact.
Applications are invited for innovative prototypes for following areas:
- Consumer Electronics
- IT & ITes
- Clean & Renewable Energy
Benefits for Innovators:
There are lots of reasons, but most importantly:
- The top 100 will get the opportunity to present their innovations in front of a Jury in the Regional Fairs
- Top 100 innovators selected will get exclusive pre-incubation entrepreneurship training as part of the Regional Fairs
- The Top 20 innovators selected from the regional fairs will get to present their innovations at the i3 National Fair live in front of a Grand Jury for the i3 Top Awards.
- The winners of the i3 Top Awards will be recognized and awarded at the Awards function.
- Get access to incubation and connect to investor network
- Opportunity to receive mentorship support from serial entrepreneurs, investors and senior corporate professionals
- Networking with start-up ecosystem experts – incubator and accelerators,
investors, mentors, senior corporates, academia and government officials.
Eligibility for Participation:
- Indian citizens who are the age of 18 years and above, can register and apply as an individual or as team (max. 5 persons per team) entries.
- The applicant must have a proof of concept or prototype (working model/software/simulation) that is technically demonstrable.
- Innovations would be evaluated, shortlisted and recognized at the individual level. Recognition will not be given to the company/institution/organization/trust/society the individual innovator(s) is currently working for, owning, heading or associated with.
- All Applicants must read all the Rules and Guidelines given here before applying.