*** First published on July 14, 29017; Update on Oct 21, 2017 – Results ***
Texas Instruments in collaboration with Department of Science and Technology (DST) proudly announce the DST & Texas Instruments India Innovation Challenge Design Contest 2017 anchored by NSRCEL, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB) and supported by MyGov.
The contest is open for all Indian engineering students pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate & Doctoral degrees with Indian engineering colleges.
Texas Instruments (TI) invites all student innovators, thinkers and makers of the country to join the revolution, who have a dream to create something new, aspire to make a difference, contribute to India’s success towards becoming an Innovation Hub and strengthen Make in India Program.
Give your ideas a jump-start by sculpting your innovation with technical support from Texas Instruments, business mentorship from IIMB, funding and prizes of INR 3.8 crores from DST& TI.
- Design- using Innovative products with technical mentorship & resources from TI
- Incubate – with mentors from India’s smartest brains from IIMB
- Launch – your product with funding and prizes from DST& TI
- The contest is open for all Indian engineering students pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate & Doctoral degrees with Indian engineering colleges.
- All the participants must be Indian Nationals
- TI will be providing TI tools worth up to USD 200 for each team free of cost. You must use all TI devices in your solution.
|Qualifying Round Phase I Submission||Sep 10 2017|
|Qualifying Round Phase I Results||Sep 30 2017|
|Qualifying Round Phase II Submission||Oct 30 2017|
|Qualifying Round Phase II Results||Nov 30 2017|
|Shipment of tools to Quarterfinal teams||Dec 2017|
|Quarterfinals Interim Submission||Feb 10 2018|
|Quarterfinals Final Submission||Mar 31 2018|
|Quarterfinals Round Results||Apr 30 2018|
|Semifinals Results||Jun 30 2018|
|Finals Event||Aug 2018|
Awards and Funding:
- Certificates from TI &NSRCEL, IIM Bangalore
- Participation Certificate in Qualifying Round & Quarterfinals
- Certificate of Excellence in Semifinals and Finals
- Certificate after Incubation at NSRCEL, IIM Bangalore
- Overall Prizes and Funding of INR 3.8 Crores
- Opportunity for a team to win INR 32 Lakhs for their team
- Cash Prize for Best Women team
The evaluation will be based on the evaluation framework designed by IIMB in collaboration with TI. Business Potential and Technical Innovation forms the base of the evaluation framework. The evaluation panel will be comprised of stalwarts from Startup Ecosystem, Industry Leaders and Domain experts.
For more details, please visit this link.
Results of the first round of this contest have been announced. The list is given here.