Applications are invited for from motivated candidates the October cohort of the India Fellow Programme 2019 in Social Leadership.
About the Fellowship:
India Fellow is a 13-month full-time paid fellowship program that has the following four major aspects:
- Training, Peer Learning & Workshops:
The fellowship has approximately 7 weeks spread over the duration of overall 13 months where the fellows meet at a common point for training. This is into 3 parts namely
- Induction training (18 days) at the start.
- Mid-point training (12 days) at the end of 5 months.
- Travel workshop (10 days) and endpoint training (4 days) at the end.
The India Fellow pedagogy is unique. It engages a very strong collective of multiple sector leaders, academicians, practitioners from the development sector and young leaders. The training focus on development theory and practice, leadership skills, program management, organizational development and innovative approaches including design thinking, participatory rural appraisal and systems thinking.
- Work Assignment with a Grassroots Organization:
Fellows spend most of their time with a reputed, authentic and committed organization working on various social issues. During this, the fellow will be living in their work areas, typically rural setups, and working on a specific role. The immersion is a powerful experience for fellows to look inwards as well as understand issues India faces at large. The organization supports the fellow with a monthly stipend of Rs. 16,000 for living expenses.
- Constant Engagement:
While working intensively in the field areas, it becomes crucial to maintain a balance in action and reflection.
Throughout the year, fellows document their observations, experiences, and insights in the form of monthly blogs and a detailed year-end essay. They engage in regular virtual learning modules, online courses, and fundraising to build a holistic understanding of the sector and gaining crucial skill sets.
Every fellow is supported by a mentor who is an expert in their domain and will personally be a philosopher and guide to the fellow in his/her journey. Along with that, the fellowship ecosystem consists of sector leaders, alumni, and personnel from various organizations who are constantly available and interacting with fellows to enrich their experience.
- You are between 21 to 28 years of age.
- You are already a graduate (in any discipline) or will be before the fellowship begins.
- You are an Indian citizen.
- You are ready for a 13-month full-time commitment to the fellowship.
- You understand that this is not just a job and will expect you to be engaged 24X7 in the process with the community.
- You understand that you can be placed in any part of the country and in any thematic area.
- The host organization supports the fellow with a monthly stipend of Rs. 16,000 INR for living expenses like accommodation, food, and travel.
- The fellow, in turn, has to fundraise a total amount of 60,000 INR through the 13 months towards their training costs.
- This is done by the cohort as a collective action initiative with inputs and support from the fellowship team.
Selection to the India Fellow program is a 3 step process:
- Applicants fill a detailed online application form.
- Shortlisted candidates will go through a telephonic interview.
- Those who qualify will be invited for a day of the assessment process and personal interview in one of our centers at – Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Chennai.
- Last date for online application: July 10, 2019.
- Telephonic Conversation: 1st to 25th July ’19.
- Assessment Day at Centres: 10th to 31st August ’19.
- Final selections will be announced via e-mail by 1st September 2019.
- Fellowship begins from October 2019.
- Call: 011-26217460 (between 10.00 to 18.00, Monday to Friday)
- Email: apply[at]indiafellow.org
For further information, click here.
About the Author