The Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India invites proposals from eminent academic professionals for The India-EU Joint Call on Integrated Local Energy Systems.
This joint call is also fully in line with both the European Union’s and India’s involvement in Mission Innovation (MI), a global initiative of 24 countries and the European Commission (on behalf of the European Union), committed to reinvigorate and accelerate global clean energy innovation with the objective to make clean energy widely affordable.
This joint call is conducted on the basis of the principles of the Agreement on scientific and technological cooperation concluded between the EU and India.
- Develop and demonstrate novel solutions which analyze and combine, in a well-delimited system, all the energy vectors that are present and interconnect them, where appropriate, to optimize their joint operation that is demonstrated by an increased share of renewables in and higher energy efficiency of the local energy system.
- Proposals should present a preliminary analysis of the local case as part of the content of the proposal and propose to develop solutions and tools for the optimization of the local energy network, that also have a high replication potential across Europe and India.
- It should bring together all vital stakeholders: local consumers, small to medium industrial production facilities, and/or commercial buildings should be involved in the projects from the start, preferably by creating energy renewable energy communities.
- Proposals should propose to develop solutions and tools for the optimisation of the local energy network, which also have a high replication potential across Europe and India.
Should not exceed 42 months
It is considered that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU and the Government of India, between €5 to €6 million, would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requesting other amounts.
The consortium has to be led by faculties/scientists working in a regular position in public-funded academia or National / State-funded R&D Labs. The participating entities can be the following:
- Any Public or Private academia.
- Any National or State-funded R&D Labs.
- Urban and Local Bodies.
- Non-academic R&D centers/ Research Foundations recognized as Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by DSIR.
- Darpan Portal registered not-for-profit (NGOs, Voluntary Organizations / Trusts) having a minimum of 3 years of existence and operational.
- Start-up companies registered in India by Indian Resident having valid registration and submission of a certificate of incorporation issued under the Indian Companies Act; and Start-up Companies issued registration certificate by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Call for Proposals
Interested candidates can submit their proposals online by clicking here. The last date to submit your proposals is September 1, 2020.
Phone Number: +91-11-26590328
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.