The Society for Quiz, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh is organizing an Independence Day National Online Quiz on August 15, 2021(Round-1), August 17, 2021(Round-2) and August 19, 2021(Round-3).
About Panjab University
One of the oldest universities in India, Panjab University (PU) established in Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts, and sports.
The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 138 years of its service to the nation are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students.
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes in the country with a unique blend of tradition and modernity.
About Society for Quiz
The Society for Quiz is a constituent society of the University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh. The Society owes its existence to the vital role played by the quizzes in the learning process.
Considering how promising the quizzes are in terms of expanding the horizons of one’s knowledge and improving the efficiency of mind, the Society is completely devoted to organizing various types of quizzes throughout the year, both online and offline.
Also, to keep the spirit of competition alive, the Society aims not to limit itself to its home institution but also to reach out to the students throughout the nation.
Furthermore, believing in the potential of a quiz as an activity to raise general awareness, the Society is also unrestricted in its choice of topics for the quizzes and is not limited merely to the topics of the law.
Eligibility for quiz
- The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India.
- The competition is also open to the school students as well as to the Professionals.
- No restriction on the number of entries from one university/college/institute/school or organization.
Topics to be covered in quiz
- Constitutional History of India
- Freedom Fighters of India in Pre-Independence Era
- Literature and Publications in Colonial India
- Partition of India in Pre-Independence times
- Integration of Princely States into India
- Freedom Struggle of India
- Role of women in the Independence of India
- Any other topic related to Independence Day of India
Scheme of quiz
- There will be no negative marking for the quiz.
- All the questions in the quiz will be in the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ’s) format.
- The participant who submits the quiz earlier will be preferred in case of a tie between participants.
- The participants registering for the quiz via the Google Registration form will receive a confirmation mail from our side.
- The Confirmation mail will have the link to join the WhatsApp Group upon which all the important updates regarding the quiz and the link of the competition will be sent.
Mode of quiz
- The quiz will be played via Google Forms.
- The Link for the quiz will be sent on the WhatsApp Group so formed for the quiz.
- The link for joining the WhatsApp group for the Quiz will be sent in the confirmation mail, once the participant successfully submits the registration form for the same.
- Organizers will not be responsible for any technical error in the registration for the quiz competition or any connectivity/device failure during the Quiz.
The competition will have 3 rounds. The rules for each of which are described as follows:
- All participants are required to attempt the Round 1 of the Quiz via Google Form Link sent on the WhatsApp Group made for the purpose.
- Round 1 will be held on August 15, 2021 (06:30 PM to 07:15 PM).
- Round 1 will consist of 45 Multiple Choice Questions of 1 Mark each.
- The Result of the same will be declared on August 16, 2021, on WhatsApp Group made for the purpose.
- The Top 25 from Round 1 will be sent another confirmation mail containing a link to join a new WhatsApp Group for the Round 2 Quiz.
- Round 2 will be held on August 17, 2021 (06:30 PM to 07:00 PM).
- Round 2 will consist of 35 Multiple Choice Questions of 1 Mark each.
- The Result of the same will be declared on August 18, 2021, on WhatsApp Group made for the purpose.
- The Top 10 from Round 2 will be sent another confirmation mail containing a link to join a new WhatsApp Group for the Round 3 Quiz.
- Round 3 will be held on August 19, 2021 (06:30 PM to 06:45 PM).
- Round 3 will consist of 20 Multiple Choice Questions of 1 Mark each.
- The Result of the same will be declared on August 20, 2021, on WhatsApp Group made for the purpose.
- The 1st Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 1200 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 2nd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 750+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 3rd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 500+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The Top 10 winners will get a Certificate of Commendation (E- Certificate).
- The Top 25 winners will get a Certificate of Recognition (E-Certificate).
- All the participants of the Quiz will be given the Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate).
How to Register?
- The Registration for the Quiz can be done by clicking this link.
- The Last date for registration is August 14, 2021.
- There is no Registration Fee for the Competition.
|TASK||DATE||DAY & TIME|
|Release of Registration Form||AUGUST 7, 2021||Saturday|
|Last Date of Registration||AUGUST 14, 2021||Saturday Midnight|
|Quiz Competition (Round 1)||AUGUST 15, 2021||Sunday from 06:30 PM to 07:15 PM|
|Result Declaration (Round 1)||AUGUST 16, 2021||Monday|
|Quiz Competition (Round 2)||AUGUST 17, 2021||Tuesday from 06:30 PM to 07:00 PM|
|Result Declaration (Round 2)||AUGUST 18, 2021||Wednesday|
|Quiz Competition (Round 3)||AUGUST 19, 2021||Thursday from 06:30 PM to 06:45 PM|
|Result Declaration (Round 3)||AUGUST 20, 2021||Friday|
|Receiving of Certificates||SEPTEMBER 05, 2021||Sunday|
- Email: SwatantrataDiwasUils@gmail.com
- Vaibhav Goyal (President, SFQ, UILS, PU): 9781520216
- Rabia Mittal (Secretary, SFQ, UILS, PU): 9780212040
- Pranjali Aggarwal (Treasurer, SFQ, UILS, PU): 7858820006
- Ashmin Goel (Event Coordinator): 8684872768