Getty Images now invites applications from meritorious and eligible candidates for its Inclusion Scholarships for the year 2020.
In partnership with a selection of the foremost minority photography and journalism associations globally, the new Getty Images Inclusion Scholarships program aims to support emerging editorial talent within minority groups and offer aspiring photojournalists the support to pursue an education that will enable careers within the industry.
In partnership with Women Photograph, Creative Access, National Association of Black Journalists, Asian American Journalism Association and the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, Getty Images is offering five scholarships of US$10K to be put toward pursuing education and in turn, helping address industry inclusion issues at the entry point – awarding today, for a better, more inclusive tomorrow.
5 x $10K scholarships are available, in partnership with the following organizations: Women Photograph, Creative Access, National Association of Black Journalists, Asian American Journalism Association, and the National Association of Hispanic Journalists.
Applicants are asked to submit examples of their work in photojournalism, a personal essay, and additional material documenting their academic credentials.
How to Apply?
Candidates need to submit the following while applying:
- A resume/ CV detailing your academic history, internships, and other relevant experience.
- A personal essay demonstrating your commitment to photojournalism.
- 5-20 original images that illustrate your work.
- Proof of school enrollment and academic performance. If you have attended more than one school, a transcript is required from each institution unless grades from the previous school(s) appear on the present transcript.
- The proposals must be in English and be submitted electronically, meeting the requirements of the partnership organization.
- Two references from people who are familiar with your academic and/or journalism work. (Examples: professors, counselors, employers, faculty advisors, etc.) Letters from relatives will not be accepted.
- To apply online, click here.
- The last date to apply online is May 15, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Getty Images Reportage Grants: COVID-19 Impact [Grants Upto Rs. 3.8L]: Apply by May 15.