One of the key objectives of the Association for Machines and Mechanisms (AMM) is to promote innovation among the students. A mechanism design contest has been integral part of iNaCoMM since 2009.
The purpose of the competition is to encourage the students to apply their theoretical knowledge in the domain of mechanisms and machines to solve problems relevant to the society.
Participation is restricted to individuals/groups of students (up to three members), who should be registered as full-time students/research scholars/project staff in recognized institutes.
Participants are invited to submit proposals for design, construction and operation of mechanisms which are innovative and capable of solving a challenging design problem. The design problem may be chosen from a wide range of application domains – from agricultural and rural technology to automobile and aerospace engineering.
- Participants must submit a 2-page proposal outlining the design challenge and novelty/innovation of the proposed design. The proposals have to be submitted through email, with the subject line “Proposal for the Student Mechanism Design Contest” to the email address: email@example.com
- The winner will be decided based on the extent of innovation, difficulty of the design challenge, effectiveness of the proposed solution towards solving the actual problem etc.
- In any matter related to the contest, the decision of the judges and/or the organisers will be final and binding.
- Finished prototypes are to be demonstrated during iNaCoMM 2017 (December 13 – December 15, 2017) before a panel of judges.
- The finalists will be provided with TA/DA.
- Submission of Proposal: 25th September
- Result of 1st Round Elimination: 10th October
- Submission of Detailed Design: 10th November
- Result of 2 Round Elimination: 20th November
- Demonstration by Finalist: 13 -15th December