FICA invites applications for ILA Dalmia Fica Research Grant 2020. Ila Dalmia FICA Research Grant 2020, instituted by FICA with the support of art historian and curator Yashodhara Dalmia in the memory of her sister Ila Dalmia, aims to provide an annual grant to support research on Indian modern and contemporary art.
- Applicant should be above 18 years of age at the time of submission of application.
- Applicant should be an Indian citizen
- Applicant should have a post graduate degree in humanities.
- Applications are open only to individuals.
- The proposal can be part of a larger research project that is currently underway. The applicant must clearly chart out what portion of the research will be undertaken as part of this Grant.
The Recipient of the Grant
- Will be expected to complete their research within the one year period of the grant.
- Will have to submit two copies of the completed final research paper, with references, bibliography and other documentation material at the end of the one year to FICA.
- S/he will also to provide two interim reports to share the progress on the project.
- Will have to submit a final expense statement with a break-up of the funds received.
The grant amount of Rs. 2,00,000 will focus on supporting an independent, year-long research project by a selected Indian applicant.
How to apply?
- Completed Application Form, downloadable HERE.
- A Research Proposal (max. 2000 words) that gives a short description of the topic of study, research methodology and key research questions.
- The Bibliography for research. Please include images or videos of works to support your proposal if necessary.
- Recent CV.
- A Complete Budget towards which the grant money will be spent (travel, accommodation, books, photocopying, printing, library fees, etc.)
- Two samples of published papers. You can also send an additional sample of unpublished writing.
- Names of two Referees with their complete contact details – name, position, organisation, telephone, email and postal address.
Last date to apply: 10 Oct 2020