Self-motivated candidates are invited to apply for one post-doctoral position in the group of Dr. Soumyajit Das, Department of Chemistry, IIT Ropar. The candidate will be working in a project on the development of novel diradicaloid π-conjugated polycyclic hydrocarbons.
The position is contractual (renewable upto three years based on satisfactory progress and relevant recommendations), and will be funded by the IIT Ropar under institute post-doctoral fellowship programme.
Post Doctoral Fellow
- Should have expertise in organic synthesis, including handling of air/moisture sensitive reactions and chemicals.
- Should be able to characterize the synthesized molecules using basic analytical techniques such as NMR, SC-XRD, MS etc.
- Good quality publications.
- Good speaking and writing skills in English.
- Working knowledge of Gaussian (DFT calculation) will be given preference.
- Ph.D degree holders are eligible to apply within five years after completion of their PhD.
- Candidates who have submitted the thesis are also eligible. However, in case of selection, the selected candidate has to complete the PhD viva (defence) within three months from the date of joining (extendable by another three months in special cases).
- Candidates completed PhD supervised/co-supervised by faculty members from IIT Ropar can apply after 3 years of completion of their PhD.
As per the institute postdoctoral fellowship (Rs. 40,000/- before the viva, Rs. 45,000/- to Rs. 55,000/- after completion of viva and depending upon the experience and qualification)
Completely filled and signed application form in the prescribed format available here along with bio-data and two recommendation letters should be sent to Dr. Soumyajit Das, Assistant Professor Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Rupnagar-140001, Punjab by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified through email.
The last date of submitting application form and recommendation (by email) is 20.09.2020.
For more information visit the link given below:
You may also be interested in: