Self-motivated candidates are invited to apply for a postdoctoral position in the group of Dr. Tapas Chatterjee, Department of Mathematics, IIT Ropar. The candidate will be working on a project titled “A Study on Multiple Zeta Values”.
The Indian Institute of Technology Ropar is an engineering, science, and technology higher education institute located in Rupnagar, Punjab, India.
- Ph.D. degree holders are eligible to apply within five years after completion of their Ph.D.
- Candidates who have submitted the thesis are also eligible.
- However, in the case of selection, the selected candidate has to complete the Ph.D. viva (defense) within three months from the date of joining (extendable by another three months in special cases).
- Should have expertise in Transcendental Number Theory.
- Good quality publications in peer-reviewed journals.
As per the institute postdoctoral fellowship (Rs. 40,000/- before the viva, Rs. 45,000/- to Rs. 55,000/- after completion of viva and depending upon the experience and qualification).
The position is contractual (renewable up to the maximum for three years based on satisfactory progress and relevant recommendations), and will be funded by the IIT Ropar under the institute postdoctoral fellowship program.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
Completely filled and signed application form (enclosed) along with bio-data and two recommendation letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified through email. The last date to apply is September 19, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Post-Doctoral Fellow at IIT Kanpur: Apply by Sept 3.