Applications are invited from sincere, motivated, and eligible Indian nationals for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position and a Senior Research Fellow (JRF) position in a research project, entitled Computationally intelligent methods to provide visually impaired cognitive support for better learning, under the supervision of undersigned.
It may be possible for the selected candidates to register for the Ph.D. program in the Department as per existing institute rules.
Indian Institute of Technology Ropar (IIT Ropar or IIT RPR) is an engineering, science, and technology higher education institute located in Rupnagar, Punjab, India. It is one of the eight newer Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011 to expand the reach and enhance the quality of technical education in the country.
- Junior Research Fellow (01)
- Senior Research Fellow (01)
- For JRF: Master’s degree in CSE/ IT or related technical field with at least 70 % marks (or 7-grade point out of 10) or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering/IT or related technical field with at least 70 % marks (or 7-grade point out of 10) with GATE / NET qualification. (SC/ ST candidates must have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate score (6.0 CGPA) in the qualifying degree)
- For SRF: Qualification prescribed for JRF above with 2 years of research experience (as evidenced from published papers in standard refereed journals/ conferences of repute).
Desirables: Good in Programming (C/ C++, Matlab/ Python), Previous experience in Image Processing / Deep Learning/ Data sciences, Strong Mathematics skills (Linear algebra, probability, optimization), Strong analytical & problem-solving skills, Good written and oral communications, Team spirit.
You might also be interested in Project Positions at CSIR-NEERI, Chennai [6 Vacancies]: Apply by Dec 18.
- JRF: As per DST rules (Rs 31,000 per month + HRA@8%)
- SRF: As per DST rules (Rs 35,000 per month + HRA@8%)
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Online Interviews planned on 18-Dec, 2020 (Friday) – starting around 9:30 am onwards. (Depending upon the number of applicants – there may be an online programming test.)
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed via email regarding the interview related Google meet links.
- The last date to apply is December 15, 2020.
Dr. Puneet Goyal,
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
Room 219, CSE building, IIT Ropar, Rupnagar, Punjab-140001
Email: puneet @ iitrpr.ac.in
For full notification, click the link below.