IIT Roorkee invites applications for institute-funded SPARK fellowships for summer internships with a weekly stipend of ₹2500/week and project-funded summer internships.
Students who are currently enrolled and have completed at least two semesters of the undergraduate degree (B.Arch./B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc) in a relevant discipline from any institute in India.
Following minimum CGPA criterion will apply:
- CGPA > 7.5 for IITs/IISc.
- CGPA > 8.0 for NITs/ IISERs/ NISER/IIEST.
- CGPA > 8.5 for students of other institutes.
How to apply
- Please login at the official site to submit your application and view status of your application. (Application for students open from Jan 15, 2019)
- Applications need to be submitted through an online portal made for the purpose where the applicants will upload the transcripts, photograph, a 500-word research statement, and a brief 1-2 page resume. For students of other institutes, No Objection Certificate (NOC)will also be sought on joining.
- Applicants need to mention names of five faculty members of their choice from the list of faculty members interested in having a summer intern.
- Application submission deadline will be February 28 and results will be announced on March 15.
- Summer training will be held during the scheduled summer vacation at IITR (13th May-5th July), or a shorter term if the applicant is not available for the entire period. However, the term of the summer training should not be less than 6 weeks. Students of IITR will be allowed to begin their summer internship immediately after the completion of the term-end examination.
- Accommodation and mess facilities in the Bhawans, subject to payment of necessary charges at par with that paid by students living in hostels. The average cost of housing would be around Rs.5500/month (including mess facility).
- All interns will be issued a temporary institute ID to avail the library, sports, medical, computer centre, internet, and other institute and departmental research and recreation facilities. S/He will be required to abide by the conduct rules of the institute, failing which the internship will be terminated and the intern will be asked to leave.
- At the successful completion of the internship, a certificate from the institute with the name of the intern and mentor, signed by Dean, SRIC, will be issued to all interns.