The Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (lIT) Roorkee invites applications from the outstanding candidates for a post-doctoral position under the mentorship of Prof. Prakash Biswas and Prof. Prateek Jha to work on a project entitled “First-principle design, synthesis, and characterization of nickel-ceria-zirconia catalyst for methane tri-reforming from MOF precursors”.
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (abbreviated IIT Roorkee or IITR), formerly University of Roorkee and Thomason College of Civil Engineering, is a public technical and research university located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India. Established in 1847 in British India by the then lieutenant governor, Sir James Thomason, it is the second oldest technical institution in Asia.
It was given university status in 1949 and was converted into an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in 2001, thus becoming the seventh IIT to be declared. IIT Roorkee has 22 academic departments covering Engineering, Applied Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, and Management programs with a strong emphasis on scientific and technological education and research.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering and related disciplines with a research background in the aforementioned areas with a good publication record.
- Candidates who have recently submitted their Ph.D. thesis are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they have to provide the proof of the award of Ph.D. degree at the time of the interview if shortlisted.
- The prospective candidate is expected to have a strong background in preparation, characterization, and testing of heterogeneous catalysts. Knowledge of density functional theory and Monte Carlo simulations is also desirable.
The duration of the fellowship will be for two years and extendable by one more year based on the performance as well as the requirements of the project. The candidate is expected to join the department as soon as the offer letter is issued. The fellowship including the contingency grant of the position is as below:
- First & Second Year: Rs. 55,000/- per month
- Third Year: Rs.60,000/- per month
The contingency of Rs. 50,000/- per annum will also be awarded.
How to Apply?
- Candidates can apply with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications, research statement, description of past research experience, and future research plans arranged in a single PDF file named as “Candidate Name_Institute of Ph.D. Degree_Year of Ph.D.” by sending the PDF file via e-mail and/ or hard copy to the following address: Professor and Head, Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee, Roorkee – 247667, India and via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com.
- The last date to apply is October 30, 2020.
- Postdoctoral fellow (PDF) will be registered as lIT Roorkee students for availing all the facilities of accommodation, hospital, medical insurance scheme, computer center, library, sports, etc.
- The candidate called for discussion/ interview will be reimbursed Bus/ Train (2nd AC) fare from their place of residence/ work and back by the shortest route within India on the production of train/ bus tickets with PNR number or Interview/ discussion will be conducted online.
Phone Number: +91 -1332-285820
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.