Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi is inviting applications from interested and motivated hardworking candidates for the post of Project Associate in a time-bound research project for a temporary period purely on contractual basis.
Prediction of extreme rainfall events over complex terrain.
Dr Sarita Azad
The position is initially for six months and will be extended if required.
M.Tech.(with valid Gate score) in Atmospheric Science or related fields.
- Good programming skills in MATLAB/R/Python.
- Fundamental knowledge of atmospheric and environmental science.
- Good exposure to statistical methods.
- Good command over English language and technical writing in English.
- To write algorithms for analysis of climate data.
- To work to climate models like WRF.
- To work on hydrological models like HEC RAS and SWAT.
Monthly Rs. 25,000 to 30,000 (based on experience).
IIT Mandi, Kamand, Himachal Pradesh.
Interested and eligible candidates may email the Bio-data (as a PDF file) With personal details and academic qualifications, details about GATE qualification (Year, rank, etc.) if applicable, (name of the file as “CV_first name_last name”) to sarita[at]iitmandi.ac.in by September 15, 2019. Please indicate clearly whether you will join the interview in person or over Skype. Cover Letter.
Terms and Conditions
- The investigator has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit based on qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the announcement.
- The nature of the post is purely temporary (on contract basis).
- The upper age limit for the posts is 25 years (can be relaxed for exceptional cases).
- Original documents need to be shown at the time of interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid for any applicant.
- Deserving Project Associate can be considered for MS/PhD admissions if s/he meets all the
- requirements of IIT Mandi MS/PhD selection process as per the institute norms.
- Candidate should be able to join at the earliest if selected.
Walk-in-interview 20th September. 2019
Application Deadline: 15th September 2019